Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kroger gas+ BCE/BCP

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Kroger gas+ BCE/BCP

So,
Recently I wondered if I could combine the .10c off per gallon per $100 spent at Kroger with the 3 or 6% cashback that Amex BCE/BCP offers.
I tried it, and it worked... The Kroger gas station gets coded as a grocery store...
Say you spend $400 on groceries... That's 40c off a gallon- only for one fill up or you could save the rewards and use .10c off at a time... But that's not all, I got another 3% back from the gas/grocery purchase from BCE. With current gas prices at my nearest Kroger, that'd reduce my price per gal to liiiike...2.80/gal. Price is 3.29 here in Tx. :-p

Anyone else know what I'm talking about? I think, in most cases, this math beats 5% offered by other "sign up for it" issuers, ie Chase/Discover.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

Re: Kroger gas+ BCE/BCP

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
So,
Recently I wondered if I could combine the .10c off per gallon per $100 spent at Kroger with the 3 or 6% cashback that Amex BCE/BCP offers.
I tried it, and it worked... The Kroger gas station gets coded as a grocery store...
Say you spend $400 on groceries... That's 40c off a gallon- only for one fill up or you could save the rewards and use .10c off at a time... But that's not all, I got another 3% back from the gas/grocery purchase from BCE. With current gas prices at my nearest Kroger, that'd reduce my price per gal to liiiike...2.80/gal. Price is 3.29 here in Tx. :-p

Anyone else know what I'm talking about? I think, in most cases, this math beats 5% offered by other "sign up for it" issuers, ie Chase/Discover.

I was under the impression that Amex didn't count gas stations attached to grocery stores. I know exactly what you are talking about, since I regularly get 1 dollar off a gallon.  If my penfed cards get nerfed more than what they are, this will become my gas card.

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.