Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kudos to Bank of America

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Kudos to Bank of America

Bank of America did a good thing yesterday.

I have a 99/500 card that fell into distress two or three weeks ago. The card due date was approaching and I made an online transfer from my savings to the card to PIF. The money disappeared out of my account and went into the card. I though all was AOK until I get a notice that payment was returned.

It turned out that a cash deposit I made into my savings got cued in as a check deposit and a two day hold was placed on this cash. The funds in savings appeared as available when I made the transfer, but was returned anyway. I go to the bank two days prior to the due date and they offer a refund of all fees and I make a partial cash payment to the card and again make a transfer. Unfortunately, the payment was returned again. The teller cued in a payment $100 more than what I requested (but my fault also because I know I told him to do it) and again that payment was returned and they didn't refund the fees as promised.

BofA then closed the CC. I PIF with cash at the teller. I fought it and fought to have them reopen. BofA did refund to the CC $39 in fees x 2 and refunded $80 due to 4 transfers made after the cash deposit last week, but they were adamant that they cannot reopen a secured/partially secured CC. Again and again their answer was "NO". So, I conscripted the branch managers from two branches to fight to have the card reopened and they were told no. I finally found someone on the inside (of the secured CC dept) who was willing to help too.

Finally, yesterday, I checked my BofA CC and a field appeared for Available Credit ($500)!!! I called they CC and they said there's no problems with the card. So I used the CC (with a $78 credit for the fees) to pull EX FICO....it worked and my score was up 11 points. However, the card still said closed.

Today I pulled TC and EX said open. I also get a call this morning from a branch manager and she confirmed that everything was OK.

NEVER take NO for an answer, and win friends and influence people.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Kudos to Bank of America

Wow. Congrats with your accomplishment. I did not BOA would be that tough to deal with. Good to know.
Message 2 of 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Kudos to Bank of America

I've never been late with them, but I do know NEVER goof up a payment to them. I learned my lesson and will pay cash only with the teller. I hope this didn't tarnish the possibility of having them convert the card this summer.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.