Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kudos to WF for deleting CC INQ

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Kudos to WF for deleting CC INQ

@lhcole77 wrote:

I had called in to WF in December to see if I was eligible for a SP CLI. CSR said no go.

Next day I get alert for EX HP.

Called WF and spoke to supervisor. Had the recording from my call reviewed where I made clear that I was not authorizing a HP and CSR assured me no HP would be done, only SP. Supervisor agreed to delete INQ.

Checked EX moments ago....INQ has been removed.

YAY!

@Ihcole77,

Congrats.. But I will bet anything it is the recorded call that did it.  If they refuse, you have evidenceSmiley Tongue  Often times I realize when I have a problem with a difficulty employee,  I casually throw in and say I know your call it recorded but I wanted to let you know I will also be recording this conversation at my end and that always has them on their best behaviourSmiley Tongue

Message 11 of 13
dapps06
Frequent Contributor

Waiting to hear back from Cap One about an inquiry. Applied for the Journey a few weeks ago but before I did I used their online chat to ask if there's a limit to the number of Cap One cards you can have. The chat rep told me no, there's no limit to the number of cards a customer can have. A few minutes later I applied for the card and was denied, called EO and reason given was too many Cap One cards. I explained that I just chatted with someone and wouldn't have applied if I was given correct information, they've been fighting me on this and now I'm just waiting to hear back from a "supervisor" who most likely isn't a supervisor at all.

Message 12 of 13
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@IWOL wrote:

Glad they removed it for you.

I got an alert today from EQ indicating a new inquiry and I hadnt applied for naything. Low and behold it was from Wells Fargo.

I opened a new Bsuiness Checking at Wells for a new LLC a couple days ago. While there the business banker says you are pre-approved for a Platinum Biz card.

I said no thanks, dont nee dit right now and dont want the inquiry.

He says, oh therre wont be any inquiry its preapproved and dosent require a hard inquiry for the Biz card.

I should have known better. I dont have the patience today to call to get it removed, maybe tomorrow.....Ive had my fill of customer service reps for today.

YIKES!

I started my banking relationship with WF as a favor to a friend who worked there. He needed to make quota for new accounts one month and asked if I was interested. I said sure.

When I got to the bank I was gobsmacked at how many services I had signed up for. LOL! I got the super-duper-supreme-deluxe package with all the bells and whistles.

My friend no longer works for WF. He did tell me, though, that they were highly encouraged to sign customers up for lots of stuff, even if they didn't specifically ask for it. Hence, he no longer works there and is much happier at his new job.

Good luck, IWOL, if and when you do contact them. And I can totally relate to having one's fill of CSRs for the day. Gulp! Smiley Surprised

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.