cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LAFCU (Los Angeles Federal Credit Union)

tag
creditkarma21
New Contributor

LAFCU (Los Angeles Federal Credit Union)

Does anyone know if they pull Transunion exclusively?? Any input/feedback is appreciated.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Tazman81
Established Contributor

Re: LAFCU (Los Angeles Federal Credit Union)

Not sure.  You may want to just give them a call and see what they say.

Current Score: Eq: 823 Tu: 830
Goal Score: Eq: 850 Tu: 850

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 2 of 11
creditkarma21
New Contributor

So funny. I actually did that a few hours ago. The lady on the phone was so nice. She said I think we check "transu--wait let me ask my supervisor." Then she came back on the line and said I'm sorry ma'am we cannot give out that info. So I knew it was TU. Just applied for membership and got in. Woohoo!

Message 3 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@creditkarma21 wrote:

So funny. I actually did that a few hours ago. The lady on the phone was so nice. She said I think we check "transu--wait let me ask my supervisor." Then she came back on the line and said I'm sorry ma'am we cannot give out that info. So I knew it was TU. Just applied for membership and got in. Woohoo!

Are you going to apply for credit? let me know... can anyone in LA join?

Message 4 of 11
creditkarma21
New Contributor

Yeah super easy to join -- when you apply for membership, they give you the option of joining through LACA - some organization in Los Angeles. I'm going to call them in an hour or so to see if I can apply for credit over the phone without an additional inquiry. Just checked TU backdoor and they did indeed pull a hard for membership. Havent checked EQ yet. My EX is frozen.

Message 5 of 11
creditkarma21
New Contributor

Also, my TU score is 650 so not far off from yours Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I'm still in shock that my TU is 659 and that is before the 10k in payments that were just done on my accounts have updated to credit.

Message 7 of 11
creditkarma21
New Contributor

Mine was 672 and just dropped because First Premier re-aged my charge-off from 2008. Smiley Sad But that's another story.

Message 8 of 11
TATATA
Regular Contributor

They pull TU only and report to TU and EXP only - not Equifax. I currently have a car loan and a credit card (2.99 % for the first 6 months) from them. They have decent rates, but their customer service is horrible. It's a small credit union. I like NFCU a lot better.

Total CL's combine: $150,600.
Message 9 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@TATATA wrote:

They pull TU only and report to TU and EXP only - not Equifax. I currently have a car loan and a credit card (2.99 % for the first 6 months) from them. They have decent rates, but their customer service is horrible. It's a small credit union. I like NFCU a lot better.

Do they require income verification?

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.