cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIKING YOUR AMEX EVERYDAY SO FAR ? BETTER THAN BLUE ?

tag
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: LIKING YOUR AMEX EVERYDAY SO FAR ? BETTER THAN BLUE ?

20081017_allcaps.jpg

I'll just leave this here....

Message 21 of 24
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@red259 wrote:

At what point does it make sense to go with the amex everyday preferred over the amex everyday? Is it based on overall spend? The amount per year on groceries? This assumes someone can make the 30 transactions per month. (By the way is anyone else having problems with their spell checker?)

It depends on spend and how you value MR.   So on non-category spend EDP earns an extra 0.3 MR per $ (assuming 30 transactions), on groceries 2.1MR extra per $ up to the $6K and 1.8MR extra per $ on gas.    These extras have to be worth more than the AF.

all these points i think are meant to confuse a lot of people and marketing scheme. that's why its just best to say CASH BACK. Everyone loves cash and it's easier to count! Smiley LOL

Not from my point of view, but to each their own. 

+1

CSP UR points at Face Value is 1% Cash Back. 1 point equals 1 penny. You can get a lot more with UR as a point system if you use the Card correctly and earn much more then 1 penny per point basically 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 22 of 24
red259
Super Contributor

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@red259 wrote:

At what point does it make sense to go with the amex everyday preferred over the amex everyday? Is it based on overall spend? The amount per year on groceries? This assumes someone can make the 30 transactions per month. (By the way is anyone else having problems with their spell checker?)

It depends on spend and how you value MR.   So on non-category spend EDP earns an extra 0.3 MR per $ (assuming 30 transactions), on groceries 2.1MR extra per $ up to the $6K and 1.8MR extra per $ on gas.    These extras have to be worth more than the AF.

all these points i think are meant to confuse a lot of people and marketing scheme. that's why its just best to say CASH BACK. Everyone loves cash and it's easier to count! Smiley LOL

Not from my point of view, but to each their own. 

+1

CSP UR points at Face Value is 1% Cash Back. 1 point equals 1 penny. You can get a lot more with UR as a point system if you use the Card correctly and earn much more then 1 penny per point basically 

This is what it really boils down to. If your not interested in using your rewards in the best way or you don't want to put in the effort then by all means a cashback card is the way to go and a points card is something a person like that should not bother getting. Its a bit more effort, but a lot more reward. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 23 of 24
Open123
Super Contributor

In general, if you travel, then go with rewards based cards, whether it's UR, MR, SPG or Airline/Hotel specific.  Conversely, if you never plan to travel, get on a plane, or stay in any hotel other than Motel 6, then stick with cash back.

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.