Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIQUIDATING CARDS

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

LIQUIDATING CARDS

I came across some previous posts about using things like Bill Me Later and multiple Paypal accounts to liquidate etc., but have not found much about what I recently heard. I heard (from a guy who told another guy) you can liquidate cards to around 85-90% of your CLs using balance transfers and cash advances through s select few cards that apparently have cash advance fee limits to keep the cost of this liquidation process relatively low. Apparently it is a thing for some investors that use cards to fund short term investments. My question is not about the wisdown of using this strategy for funding short term investment, but rather if a cc liquidation like this is achievable. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: LIQUIDATING CARDS

@Anonymous wrote:

I came across some previous posts about using things like Bill Me Later and multiple Paypal accounts to liquidate etc., but have not found much about what I recently heard. I heard (from a guy who told another guy) you can liquidate cards to around 85-90% of your CLs using balance transfers and cash advances through s select few cards that apparently have cash advance fee limits to keep the cost of this liquidation process relatively low. Apparently it is a thing for some investors that use cards to fund short term investments. My question is not about the wisdown of using this strategy for funding short term investment, but rather if a cc liquidation like this is achievable. 

Not sure what you are trying to achieve but I kind of accept BT offers (only access checks) if the offer is good enough. Whenever I get  a 1% BT with 0%APR offer I do look at them and decide if I take out but put into my bank account. Anything above the 1% gets trashed.  Like this I have the 1% offer available whenever I need it and not whenever the banks offer them to me. But it requires self discipline not to touch that money if you have it on your account.  Recently had a hughe medical bill to pay and would have had to take a 2% offer if I did not put the 1% offer into my bank account. This is the way I play these BT offers.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.