LIVE on Friday Night w/ AMEX CSR!!

tag
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Re: LIVE on Friday Night w/ AMEX CSR!!

Yo Yude!  

So what was the end result?

Inquiring minds want to know! Smiley Very Happy

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 21 of 26
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@Rhaeny wrote:

Yo Yude!  

So what was the end result?

Inquiring minds want to know! Smiley Very Happy

Sorry Guys!  I was busy all morning, just sat down infront of my comp...

I ended up not taking any of the offers, I do like my Delta card and only wanted to see if i could PC or Upgrade to Platinum or Reserve....But it was such a surprising moment by the CSR when he mentioned those number of different products, like enharu said i should've asked for the new "Everyday" card and see if i could be the first one lol

Anyways, nothing too exciting results...sorry for the delay guys. 

On the other hand, you guys should also try the chat and see what offers you come up with...it'll be very interesting as well!

::edited for typo::

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 22 of 26
CashOnDelivery
Established Contributor

I might check it out later today to see what I'm eligible for.

2010: 475 EQ 2011: 503 EQ 2012: 600 EQ2013:632 EQ
Starting Score: 634 EQ-3/13/13
Current Score: 706 EQ-8/29/13 703 EX-7/12/13 705 TU-8/9/13
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 26
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

Well, I was under my account and the chat bubble popped up saying "can i help you" and i was like hmm....let me see if if there are any upgrade/PC offers for my Green or Delta Gold...and here's the current chat..

Maurice: I have checked your account and see that your Gold card is eligible for the upgrades..
Maurice: Let me help you with the available options for you:-
you: Oh wow!
Maurice: Please see below the card types that you can change it to..
Maurice: 1. Blue From American Express
Maurice: 2. Blue Cash from American Express
Maurice: 3. Blue Sky from American Express
Maurice: 4. Blue Cash Everyday card
you: Well, I already have the Blue Cash Everyday
you: Smiley Happy
Maurice: 5. Hilton Hhonors Card from American Express
you: i'm looking to see if i can upgrade it to Delta Platinum or Reserve if possible?
Maurice: ok..Let me see...Just a moment..
Maurice: I can see one more card...That is Delta Employee Skymiles Credit card..
Maurice: The delta Platinum or reserve card is not available as of now..
you: Delta Employee Credit Card? Am i even eligible?
Maurice: Yes, I can see the option on your account...
Maurice: Let me just double check for you...One quick moment please
Maurice: Yes, you are eligible to upgrade the card to Delta Employee Credit Card..
Maurice: If you would like, I can upgrade the card for you right away..
Maurice: And you will get the new card very soon..
Maurice: How does that sounds to you?
you: Um...i don't even know how I am eligible for the employee credit card when I'm not an employee?
you: could you share the perks/benefits on the card? is it like the Delta Gold?
Maurice: Sure..Let me help you with the benefit of this card..
Maurice: 1. Two SkyMiles for every eligible dollar spent on Delta purchases.
Maurice: 2. Automatic enrollment in the Delta SkyMiles Frequent Flyer Program, if not already enrolled.

Screen Shot 2014-03-15 at 12.37.02 AM.png

The agent is still typing....

Question is...Have you guys even heard of Delta Employee AMEX card?  I used to work for Delta back in college for 5years, but there's no way that I'm eligible for this type. 

Any thoughts?

::edited for typo + sreen shot::

American Express and Delta are partners. As an employee of Delta, you can get the Delta Skymiles AMEX with a reduced annual fee.  

Similarly, if you are a United employee, Chase will offer a reduced annual fee for the MileagePlus card.  

Overall, since you have worked for Delta in the past, it seems as if AMEX still recognizes you as a Delta employee.  I hope this helps.

Message 24 of 26
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@JAY305 wrote:

@yudeology101 wrote:

Well, I was under my account and the chat bubble popped up saying "can i help you" and i was like hmm....let me see if if there are any upgrade/PC offers for my Green or Delta Gold...and here's the current chat..

Maurice: I have checked your account and see that your Gold card is eligible for the upgrades..
you: i'm looking to see if i can upgrade it to Delta Platinum or Reserve if possible?
Maurice: I can see one more card...That is Delta Employee Skymiles Credit card..
Maurice: Yes, you are eligible to upgrade the card to Delta Employee Credit Card..
you: Um...i don't even know how I am eligible for the employee credit card when I'm not an employee?
Maurice: 2. Automatic enrollment in the Delta SkyMiles Frequent Flyer Program, if not already enrolled.

Question is...Have you guys even heard of Delta Employee AMEX card?  I used to work for Delta back in college for 5years, but there's no way that I'm eligible for this type. 

Any thoughts?

American Express and Delta are partners. As an employee of Delta, you can get the Delta Skymiles AMEX with a reduced annual fee.  

Similarly, if you are a United employee, Chase will offer a reduced annual fee for the MileagePlus card.  

Overall, since you have worked for Delta in the past, it seems as if AMEX still recognizes you as a Delta employee.  I hope this helps.

Thank you for the reply.  However, i do see some problems here: 

1)  The perks of the Employee Delta card mentioned by the CSR is exactly the same as the regular Delta Skymiles card, even the AF are the same...so i don't know how the AF is reduced. I would rather keep my Delta Gold and get priority boarding as well as get my 1st bag checked for free, and pay the $45 more on the AF for it. 

2)  Even if my name is in their system as the past Delta employee, I currently do NOT work for them....It'll be a fiasco running through hoops later on if AMEX finds its error (that i'm not eligible for the card) and have to PC & blah blah...it's just too much to go through. 

3)  I still have my Delta friends on facebook and today i've asked a few to see if they know anything about the card and so far NO.  Although some do have the regular Delta Skymiles Gold/ Plat, they told me that they've never heard of the Employee version...unless it's corporate (which they don't know too much about).   Delta has a great credit union which i had an account back in college (DECU- Delta Employees Credit Union), and most employees get their cards through them as well.  I burned them bad and ended up PFD back in 2009 or 2010 i think.

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 25 of 26
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

@JAY305 wrote:

@yudeology101 wrote:

Any thoughts?

Thank you for the reply.  However, i do see some problems here: 

1)  The perks of the Employee Delta card mentioned by the CSR is exactly the same as the regular Delta Skymiles card, even the AF are the same...so i don't know how the AF is reduced. I would rather keep my Delta Gold and get priority boarding as well as get my 1st bag checked for free, and pay the $45 more on the AF for it. 

2)  Even if my name is in their system as the past Delta employee, I currently do NOT work for them....It'll be a fiasco running through hoops later on if AMEX finds its error (that i'm not eligible for the card) and have to PC & blah blah...it's just too much to go through. 

3)  I still have my Delta friends on facebook and today i've asked a few to see if they know anything about the card and so far NO.  Although some do have the regular Delta Skymiles Gold/ Plat, they told me that they've never heard of the Employee version...unless it's corporate (which they don't know too much about).   Delta has a great credit union which i had an account back in college (DECU- Delta Employees Credit Union), and most employees get their cards through them as well.  I burned them bad and ended up PFD back in 2009 or 2010 i think.

When I worked with Delta a little over 2.5 years ago, AMEX offered the Skymiles credit card to Delta employees with a reduced annual fee.  Truly, that was the only perk.  Everything else was the same.  I contacted a friend who works with AMEX and he suggested that AMEX no longer offers the reduced AF to Delta employees.  However, he did hint at them (AMEX) being a little more forgiving if you apply for the AMEX card as a Delta employee vs. a non-Delta employee.

I am now with United and I can confirm that Chase offers United employees an annual $80 statement credit for having the MilegePlus Explore card.  

Also, I have heard a lot of good things about the credit union.  I never joined considering at the time I had way to many bank accounts.  I have since dwindled them down to two; Citi and BOA.  

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.