Super Contributor
CS800

LL Bean Visa

Offerred by Barclays.

Anyone who has this card can pitch in on their approvals. Is it a tough one to get?

Valued Contributor
clocktick

Re: LL Bean Visa

I have one.  They pulled TU for me last November.  I believe my score back then was about 755 with one 7-year old baddie.  They gave me a $6300 limit and I initiated a CLI to $9600 in April 2011.  Once in a while they have good balance transfer offers and I've found their customer service reps to be extremely friendly (although I don't call them much). 

I enjoy the card for all of the above.  It helps with utilization when I let balances report before I PIF.  I'm not sure about their minimum requirements.  The CLI was a HP on TU and from what I've read, they almost exclusively pull TU.  This is the only Barclays card I have.  I called about PCing it to the Barnes and Noble card but they said I would have to apply for that since they do not do PCs.  I'll probably try again at some point.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 JUNE 2014 TU 779 EX 764 EQ 721
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Barclays LLBean $15k/Sallie Mae $12.5 -Cap One QS $4 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Super Contributor
CS800

I used to have this card back when it was MBNA then BOA bought it. I closed the card and had payment plans on it and love LL Bean products (as do the Northeast people :smileyhappy:)

I had a $3k CL back then and I was just on theirr website, they have great deals when using thier card.

New Visitor
mandolinlk

Don't do it! Although it's does have the great LL Bean coupon rewards, I had a very bad experience with them sneaking extra charges into my interest charges! I paid off the card after arguing with them via email for days but didn't cancel it because I am working on improving my credit (it's 650) and was advised not to cancel it. Months later, more interest charges appeared!! This time I called, and the lady promised to remove the charges after I asked for her manager. She didn't! I have 18 years of credit card history and have never had such a bad experience with a credit card company. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+