Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOC reported like CC to the CRAs?

tag
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

LOC reported like CC to the CRAs?

Hey FICOites!  How are LOC's treated with regards to reporting to the CRAs?  Are they treated like credit cards (revolvers)?  Thanks!

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
anderl
Frequent Contributor

Re: LOC reported like CC to the CRAs?

Yes.

Amex Platinum Charge(NPSL); Starwood Amex Preferred CC(20K CL); Diners Club ELITE MC(20K);Diners Club Premier MC(20K,could've sworn the rep said 25k, oh well lol);Delta Amex Reserve CC(21K CL); Amex PRG Charge(NPSL); United Presidential Plus Chase World Elite MC (15K CL); AARP Chase Visa Signature(35K CL); NFCU Visa Platinum(20K CL) NFCU LOC(15K); NFCU Go Rewards MC(17.5K); Disover IT 7.8K;
First Tech Federal Visa Platinum(15K CL); Simmons First Visa Platinum(9K CL); Wells Fargo Visa Platinum(7.5K CL); CitiBank Sears MC(6K CL); JCPenney Card(7.5K CL); Lowes(2.5K CL);Barclays Mile & More Lufthansa 12.5K.
Message 2 of 14
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@improvingmycredit wrote:

Hey FICOites!  How are LOC's treated with regards to reporting to the CRAs?  Are they treated like credit cards (revolvers)?  Thanks!

Many times, yes they are lumped in with revolving credit, but not always. You need to look on your credit reports to know for certain how this account is categorized.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 14
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Up to a certain CL they are scored as revolving but members report that for higher CL's (I've seen as low as $35,000 or so) LOC's are looked at as installment loans. It seems there is no way to be sure until you check your reports.

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 4 of 14
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the great feedback. My CU offered me a LOC for my accounts and didn't know if I wanted it or not.

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the great feedback. My CU offered me a LOC for my accounts and didn't know if I wanted it or not.

Nice! Which CU is that if you don't mind sharing Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 14
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Hey Fusioncredit... I don't mind sharing at all.  I have been with Army Aviation Center Federal Credit Union (AACFCU) for some years now.  Been very good with all my lending needs and gave me a chance with real limits when others wouldn't.  I really like banking with this CU. 

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Fusioncredit... I don't mind sharing at all.  I have been with Army Aviation Center Federal Credit Union (AACFCU) for some years now.  Been very good with all my lending needs and gave me a chance with real limits when others wouldn't.  I really like banking with this CU. 

Thanks! and It's good they are treating you great...how much LOC did they offer you?

Message 8 of 14
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

It was more of an open ended question.  I have refinanced my auto through them and while they already pulled my EQ file, asked if I wanted to tack on a LOC or up my MC limit with them.  I took the MC CLI... went from $6000 to $10000.  Was told I could ask for up to $25000 with out having to go to the VP's desk.  I guest thinking about it now, I should have just asked for the $25000.  I feel pretty certain that it would have been approved.  Smiley Happy 

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was more of an open ended question.  I have refinanced my auto through them and while they already pulled my EQ file, asked if I wanted to tack on a LOC or up my MC limit with them.  I took the MC CLI... went from $6000 to $10000.  Was told I could ask for up to $25000 with out having to go to the VP's desk.  I guest thinking about it now, I should have just asked for the $25000.  I feel pretty certain that it would have been approved.  Smiley Happy 

What you didn't take up on their offer! Smiley Tongue

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.