Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOL @ Discover - Thanks a lot!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: LOL @ Discover - Thanks a lot!

Keep in mind this is also a joint. I should have never agreed to that at all and it is my fault. I know.

Auto CLI are rarely done on joints and for CLI we Both Have to call in together and they are very small CLIs with joint I'm told. So they can go fly a kite. Over them. Period. But thank you again
Message 41 of 52
Anonymous514
Established Contributor

Lol wow you seem really ungrateful. Discover kept me at my 750sl for nearly a year. Finally after I began using it as my 'Everyday Card' I started receiving many cli's with them. My last ClI 9/19/2015 was for 2000. I openeed it June 17th 2014. Discover WILL GROW! Honestly I would call and ask about reopening and just use it a lot and always pif..I am now at 5,750$ with them and I can't wait until 12/19/2015!

Message 42 of 52
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@bigalkescott514 wrote:

Lol wow you seem really ungrateful. Discover kept me at my 750sl for nearly a year. Finally after I began using it as my 'Everyday Card' I started receiving many cli's with them. My last ClI 9/19/2015 was for 2000. I openeed it June 17th 2014. Discover WILL GROW! Honestly I would call and ask about reopening and just use it a lot and always pif..I am now at 5,750$ with them and I can't wait until 12/19/2015!

You don't need to be grateful or otherwise.   The issuer gave a credit limit the OP didn't like, way out of line with others, and OP decided to close.   Even if it grew, the major rewards are capped very low, so it's not exactly a rewards goldmine (apple pay promotion being an exception).   The OP can lead a full life without it!

Message 43 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol this is getting funny. People acting as if Discover is end all be all. People, Discover is not that great. Sorry. I apped because of the cash back but found many other great cards as good or far better. Also wanted the miles card but got the Delta Gold AMEX with a nice big fat CL. I use my AMEX Everyday for my everyday card now :-)

I will not reopen as they are insutling and heir CSR staff is condescending (UW). Let it rest
Message 44 of 52
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Discover has been amazing IME.

Twirl On That.gif

If it didn't work out for you, oh well.  It is what it is.

Message 45 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad for you
Message 46 of 52
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Glad for you

I wouldn't worry about the score OP.  Since FICO has no memory on utilization, and as others have mentioned, it will recover - just give it some time (may not be the same gain) but your scores can only go upward, right?

Message 47 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Fin. When my Amex report soon (combined CL on two cards of over $10k) that will majorly bring down my UTIL to under 15-20% along with some pay downs. I'm not too worried just love to see the scores blossoming as they were. As of 12/1 I should see a nice gain
Message 48 of 52
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks Fin. When my Amex report soon (combined CL on two cards of over $10k) that will majorly bring down my UTIL to under 15-20% along with some pay downs. I'm not too worried just love to see the scores blossoming as they were. As of 12/1 I should see a nice gain

Right.  And, keep in mind rebucketing happens as well which plays a big part with everyone's scores and CR profiles.  Once AmEx reports the combined CL and Discover reports the $0 balance then your scores should see some adjustments.  Give it about a month or so to normalize.  But, in the end, no biggie unless you and your partner are in the market for a big ticket item like a mortgage or auto financing, so time is well on your side.

Message 49 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont think anyone here is saying Discover is the end all be all, as you put it. You are getting some flak because you are failing to see that it was due to your mistake you got that low limit. It was you who opened several accounts. It doesn't matter the lender, if you open several accounts, the limits will start getting progressively smaller until they start turning into flat denials. Go app again anywhere else, and you will again get a toy limit or a denial.

I think people just get tired of seeing "(insert lender here) sucks" threads when it isnt really the lenders fault that the action that occured did occur. Credit scores dont really matter when you go on app sprees. After several apps, all the "credit seeking" weighs more heavily than the FICO score. Just the way it is, and to blame it on the lender for not wanting to put themselves in a bad situation is just silly in my opinion.
Message 50 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.