Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOL @ First Premier

tag
ricefed
Contributor

LOL @ First Premier

They sent me a pre-approval letter today. Starting credit limit of $700 with an annual fee of $175 Smiley Surprised Sorry But i think i will just stick with my NFCU Cash rewards card with a 3k limit. I've been watering it daily so i'll just watch it grow. $175 annual fee that is just rediculous.

NFCU cash rewards 10,000 -Chase Sapphire Preferred 6,900-Chase Slate 6,000- Amazon 10,000 - Walmart 10,000- lowes 12,000 - Kay jewelers 7,500 - Amex Zync NPSL - CarCare One 500
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
william23
Regular Contributor

Re: LOL @ First Premier

I hate first premier ! When I close mine it will go in the blender hoo rah!

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Premier got me where I am today, but sadly I will be closing my FP account later this year.. I just can't pay the AF anymore when I have 3 new CC's with no AF and rewards. My girlfriend will also be closing her's later this year too, as she just got approved on a Cap 1 card Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ricefed wrote:

They sent me a pre-approval letter today. Starting credit limit of $700 with an annual fee of $175 Smiley Surprised Sorry But i think i will just stick with my NFCU Cash rewards card with a 3k limit. I've been watering it daily so i'll just watch it grow. $175 annual fee that is just rediculous.

$175?????????????

That's insane!

Message 4 of 17
DI
Super Contributor

@ricefed wrote:

They should be ashame. How can anyone work for a company like that. 

Message 5 of 17
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

First Premier got me where I am today, but sadly I will be closing my FP account later this year.. I just can't pay the AF anymore when I have 3 new CC's with no AF and rewards. My girlfriend will also be closing her's later this year too, as she just got approved on a Cap 1 card Smiley Very Happy

I just closed on FP account this month, and will be closing a second one in August. I think we should organize an online FP Cancellation Party! LOL!!! Smiley Very Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 6 of 17
ricefed
Contributor

I can't even believe it is legal for them to do that. I understand that  if you mess up your creit it should cost you some. $175 AF is just greed. 

NFCU cash rewards 10,000 -Chase Sapphire Preferred 6,900-Chase Slate 6,000- Amazon 10,000 - Walmart 10,000- lowes 12,000 - Kay jewelers 7,500 - Amex Zync NPSL - CarCare One 500
Message 7 of 17
Boonie
Frequent Contributor

About a month ago I requested a CLI from FP and was denied due to prior late payments (almost 3  years ago)... so my limit is still $450.     I just applied for NFCU cash rewards and was approved for $10k.   Proof that FP is a truly a joke, but they did help me recover, but at a cost.

04/10/17 - FICO 8s - EX 769, EQ 710, TU 724
Message 8 of 17
Coldness
Contributor

Haha, I actually got the same offer a couple of weeks ago, I kept it because it was so off the wall... 

$700 limit, $175 annual fee, and.... 35.99% (!!!!) interest. I'm half tempted to mail them a photocopy of my terms for my 5k limit discover with 14.99% in the return envelope. The envelope had these colorful baloons on it and it said I was pre-approved for a REAL, GENUINE MASTERCARD@!, it looks like it's geared towards a 13 year old... seriously, this should be considered corporate robbery.

Message 9 of 17
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

I can't remember where I read this, but we know since the CARD Act, they cannot charge an outrageous fee for a low-limit card but what I think they've been doing is hiking up the initial credit limit to $700, so their fee is still within a certain percentage but then out of left-field, they will reduce your credit line -- because they "can" at any time according to their Terms & Conditions.  Therefore, they just collected on you without breaking the rules -- just worked around it.

I'm not sure if it was this particular ccc in the article or news, but it sure sounds like it.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.