Contributor
techno-pagan

LOL - Hooters closed my card - beat me to the punch!

[ Edited ]

I was planning on closing the card since it only had a $500 limit.  It has been sock-drawered for about a year - I was planning on calling next week to close it myself. 

I guess they figure I may go wild and charge up to the max - LOL - wouldn't want to expose themselves to a $500 loss.

At least it shows as "closed at consumer request".  

Good riddances to bad rubbish  :-)

Edited to add: I lost 1 point on my EQ (via Scorewatch)... 

Message Edited by techno-pagan on 08-01-2009 11:52 AM
TU (3/30/09): 771
EQ (3/30/09): 751
EX (5/19/08): 715
Contributor
betamunupe

Re: LOL - Hooters closed my card - beat me to the punch!

Yea, I also received a Sorewatch alert on yesterday stating that Hooters had closed my account as well.  I activated this card about a year ago and had never used it. I don't think I would have used it anyhow, I just applied because I heard that they were generous with CL.  It will bring my utilization up slightly but I offset it by getting a guideline increase with my Macy's Visa.  :smileyhappy: 
Having credit is important if not more important than having cash!!!
Contributor
techno-pagan

betamunupe wrote:
Yea, I also received a Sorewatch alert on yesterday stating that Hooters had closed my account as well.  I activated this card about a year ago and had never used it. I don't think I would have used it anyhow, I just applied because I heard that they were generous with CL.  It will bring my utilization up slightly but I offset it by getting a guideline increase with my Macy's Visa.  :smileyhappy: 
I will miss the Hooters magazine though... 

TU (3/30/09): 771
EQ (3/30/09): 751
EX (5/19/08): 715
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

That's nice of them to tote up disuse as "consumer request". It's fair even if it doesn't make any difference.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+