Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOVE NFCU BUT..........

tag
hersheykisses
Regular Contributor

LOVE NFCU BUT..........

They are HP crazzzzzyyyy.  I applied for CLI for both my cards they HP pulled TU 2x ok i can understand one for each card  i was denied ok end of story right?  Nope for whatever reason they pulled it 2x the next day and the following day once all HP  THANK GOD my EQ is locked.  So since my 3 LOC one LOC two cc inception 2 weeks ago here is the breakdown:

TU pulled 10X all HP

EQ pulled 3X all HP

I really am happy with NFCU high credit lines but applying for anything is scary thought with multiple credit pulls, one department and particularly one person needs to handle the applications, they need to streamline this process, perhaps attatch the credit pull to your account file for 15 or even 30 days.  These multiple HP's by multiple people are ridiculous and so unnecessary.

SIDE NOTE any CLI will be HP and be prepared for both EQ and TU to be pulled.  This i just dont understand why not SP, just crazy.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: LOVE NFCU BUT..........

I have never experienced multiple HPS for the same application... Not sure why they are doing this.  Could you ask them to remove the duplicate HPS?

I would start the conversation something like this:  "I think there is a glitch in your credit card application system... instead of experiencing one HP per product I applied for, I am seeing TEN Hps and I did not apply for TEN products... Could you please investigate and remove reference to these 7 extra HPs from my credit reporting?

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 10
dodfire
Valued Contributor

I agree!!!! 

*8/10/13
Message 3 of 10
hersheykisses
Regular Contributor

I already did but not seeing any action as of yet, feel like the ball got dropped somewhere.

Message 4 of 10
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Send a letter to this address:

Credit Report DisputesP.O. Box 3700, Merrifield, VA 22119-3700

You can also send a secured message as well.

FICO 9:

Message 5 of 10
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

That's insane!  But that is the reason that they are called the HP happy CU!

Nonetheless, to hit you with that many HP's is ridiculous.  You need to escalate this immediately and get those removed.  There is no reason that there should be that many inquiries on your report from one lender within that time frame....or even period!! 

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 6 of 10
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Yea.  Thats nuts!!  I would try the "more bees with sugar" approach first and then if that fails, blast off a dispute letter to them.

I have heard they can be very reasonable when it comes to removing multiple duplicate HPs.

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 7 of 10
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Pilotdude wrote:

Yea.  Thats nuts!!  I would try the "more bees with sugar" approach first and then if that fails, blast off a dispute letter to them.

I have heard they can be very reasonable when it comes to removing multiple duplicate HPs.

The dispute letter can be written nicely Smiley Very Happy

Dear Navy Federal,

I am so happy with my new credit products, they will benefit me greatly!  However, I believe a glitch in the application process may have caused me to incur 10 Hard Inquiries, although I only applied for 3 new credit products. I understand that a lender must evaluate my credit profile, which is why I was expecting to incur up to 3 hard inquiries on my credit report.

I believe this is an error on my credit report, therefore I am submitting with this letter a direct dispute in accordance with the provisions of FCRA §623(a)(8)(D), of the accuracy of information you have reported to my credit file.

Specifically I am disputing the following Credit Items:

Inquiry dated:    (I believe this is a duplicate or erroneous reporting)

Inquiry dated:    (I believe this is a duplicate or erroneous reporting)

The basis for this dispute is that I did not submit 10 applications, I only submitted 3 applications for the following 3 accounts:

Account # XXXX   Credit Card account

Account # XXXX   Credit Card Account

Account # XXXX   Overdraft Line of Credit Account.

I wanted to make your company aware of this error, so that myself and other members are not adversly affected by this glitch. Each new inquiry can drop my FICO score by up to 3 basis points per inquiry.  The loss of these valuable points in error can cause me to pay more money for products such as insurance, mortgage, and auto loans through other lenders. 

Thank you for your kind attention to this matter! 

FICO 9:

Message 8 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Freezing reports stops this kind of stuff. You unfreeze for the app, as soon as its one and decision made put the freeze back on. Your not doing anything shady just not allowing excessice HP's to come through.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 10
hersheykisses
Regular Contributor

Thanks to all who have responded.  I was told they had to pull it again for apporval/denial letter after the decision has been made??? Weird, but ok whatever.  I will send a letter of dispute and yes i should've had my TU locked EQ was therefore there were only 3 HP's.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.