Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LUMP IT, AND LIKE IT!

tag
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: LUMP IT, AND LIKE IT!

@Anonymous wrote:

I can definitely admit this was a little bit of tangent, I think my point was that there may be other contending issues as to why banks sometimes seem to jerk around their credit customers and that we are not aware of the reasons immediately. I being a Democrat have nothing against Obama, because I am a democrat, but it was one of his policy of which I made mention of on the OP.  I also will say that this post may have been fired off while enjoying a Bakers on the rocks. Anyways, I guess I  just wanted to get a reaction to this OP.

Here is a link to a nice summary of the law.  http://www.creditcards.com/credit-card-news/credit-card-law-interactive-1282.php

I suggest you spend some time reviewing it, since you clearly don't know much about it.   

Message 11 of 33
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Smh and lol @ the same time

Message 12 of 33
Link2k
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

I can definitely admit this was a little bit of tangent, I think my point was that there may be other contending issues as to why banks sometimes seem to jerk around their credit customers and that we are not aware of the reasons immediately. I being a Democrat have nothing against Obama, because I am a democrat, but it was one of his policy of which I made mention of on the OP.  I also will say that this post may have been fired off while enjoying a Bakers on the rocks. Anyways, I guess I  just wanted to get a reaction to this OP.

I'd be interested as to which legislation you are referring to as the only regulation I am aware of that was recently passed was the CARD Act which had bipartisan support and  was pretty much universally agreed upon as a good thing (with the exception of hurting stay at home spouses in certain states).

Drinking and acting foolishly do not have to be related.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-15265317

Message 13 of 33
adavis425
Established Contributor

Reading this gave me a headache.  That said, what I don't understand is why people get upset because CCCs are protecting themselves.  They do not OWE any of us credit.  That we prove ourselves responsible enough for them take a risk on us doesn't mean that they will just issue credit and walk away. You HAVE to know that they are watching over their assets and if you pay one creditor late, why wouldn't you pay another (or all) creditor(s) late? That has to be their mindset. I don't think this either political or personal-it's just business.

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 14 of 33
snowkitty
Established Contributor

@webhopper I don't mean to ask an unrelated question here but I'm curious as to why your Lowes card was closed? That would be scary to be declined at the checkout and not know why

Sorry I can't paste in reply to webhoppers post bu I'm on my cell
TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 15 of 33
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

SO if you missed a payment on one of your four cards Obama has issued a new law with credit card companies that any of your four remaining cards can see you were late, delinquent or careless with your payment and they will and can send a letter saying your rates are higher your limit is lower your over your limit and whatever else they want like we are done with you and an instant CO is on your report and guess what it is your fault you wanted the charge the credit and did not make your payment No Mercy like MR. MEAGGUY says take then down Daniel son.

What you are referring to is called universal default, and the CARD Act didn't make it happen -- it outlaws it. This is akin to saying the Affordable Care Act creates "death panels" when in reality it stops existing insurance practices that do just that.

Message 16 of 33
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@snowkitty wrote:
@webhopper I don't mean to ask an unrelated question here but I'm curious as to why your Lowes card was closed? That would be scary to be declined at the checkout and not know why

Sorry I can't paste in reply to webhoppers post bu I'm on my cell

I have no idea, to this day of why my account was closed.  It was opened in May 2008, after I bought a new house.   I used the card to do 0% interest on appliances.  I Paid in full before the promo period had expired. Also, charged a new garage door, and Paid that in full. I made the 2200 payment to pay the card off before the promo interest period ended.  Then, I wanted to use my account to purchase a 400 deep freeze.  Declined at register, talked to customer service, they told me account was closed. The bizarre thing was that I got an official letter a year later letting me know that my account would be closed.  No reason given.

I can only assume that they didn't like my minimum payments during the promo period. And they didn't like me paying the balance in full before the promo period expired.  It was bizarre. My CL was $4500 when account was opened.  Apparently they balance chased and then closed. I have no idea what the exact close date was.

Lowes account.JPG

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 17 of 33
mmmagique
Regular Contributor

If you google GECRB, (or GEMB) you will see that they will def. balance chase you, and will spank you for not letting them make money off of you. 

It seems they do many things to mess with people's accounts. 

I know they're very well liked here, but I really don't trust them.

In the garden until May 2022!!
Message 18 of 33
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@mmmagique wrote:

If you google GECRB, (or GEMB) you will see that they will def. balance chase you, and will spank you for not letting them make money off of you. 

It seems they do many things to mess with people's accounts. 

I know they're very well liked here, but I really don't trust them.

Its really a shame, as I spend thousands each year at their store, I own rental property.

My next lowes card will be backed by Amex, If my husband ever lets me apply LOL

@snowkitty,  It was actually kind of hilarious to leave a buggy with a deep freeze on it at the customer service desk as I walked out and they lost out on that sale.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 19 of 33
snowkitty
Established Contributor

That is really strange webhopper.....did you have other GE cards at the time? I have not really read anything negative about them on here. I have 4 of their cards and the latest is Sam's Club Discover and they beat out my highest limit at the time. I was going to alternate charges between the walmart and sams card just to put use to both. I wonder if it would be better to not pif with them all the time? I am about to take them up on a 0% interest Christmas deal they have.

TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.