Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

La Quinta Visa

tag
virgo
Established Contributor

La Quinta Visa

This card is issued by First Bankcard which is a division of First National Bank of Omaha.  Since I travel alot, I apped for this card.  I then called and was told it was declilned because of too many inquiries.

Experian is frozen. Eq- 4 inq  TU 4inq

When I asked what bureau they pulled the rep said no report was pulled.  I then asked, ifno report was pulled, how do they know haw many inquiries I have? And of course, he couldn't answer that.guess I'll be calling back tomorrow.   

I also figured that since their Amex is by invite only or you have to live in their town or in their basement or something, getting the La Quinta Visa is a way in their door.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: La Quinta Visa

Did you check the online app status?  I recently got this card and it takes FNBO a few days to decide to approve or not.  My EX was frozen at the time and they pulled EQ instead (they did so on their own).  They called me and asked why I had so many cards and said he would forward my responses to the underwriter.  It was approved a few hours later.  Here's the link to find out for sure:

https://www.firstbankcard.com/BankCardWeb/default/cardservices/application-status-form

Message 2 of 9
virgo
Established Contributor

I checked that link right before calling and it said pending. The rep said it was declined. but that they ddn't pull a report. What?

Im calling the UW dept tomorrow.

How do you like the card? Ive stayed at Marriott and for the price, the La Quinta rooms are nice and they accept pets without a fee. 

thank you for responding.

Message 3 of 9
okiesean
New Contributor

https://www.firstnational.com/site/personal/credit-card/amex/

Is this the Amex card issued by FNBO that you were wanting to apply for? This one shows a button to apply now.

Message 4 of 9
Slim1Der
Frequent Contributor

@B335is wrote:

Did you check the online app status?  I recently got this card and it takes FNBO a few days to decide to approve or not.  My EX was frozen at the time and they pulled EQ instead (they did so on their own).  They called me and asked why I had so many cards and said he would forward my responses to the underwriter.  It was approved a few hours later.  Here's the link to find out for sure:

https://www.firstbankcard.com/BankCardWeb/default/cardservices/application-status-form

They asked you why you had so many cards? What do you say to that?

EX - 751 EQ - 732 TU - 752
Over $200k in revolving credit lines
10% Overall UTI
BK Discharge Jan 2009
Message 5 of 9
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@Slim1Der wrote:

@B335is wrote:

I only used it once so far, for the 20,000 points.  I think you get 20,000 more if you spend $10k in 10 months.  I figured it was a way in FNBO and was surprised they approved me.  I got $5.7k limit.

I told them I kept getting high APR cards and without knowing until the app was done, it took me a few tries.

Message 6 of 9
Slim1Der
Frequent Contributor

@B335is wrote:

@Slim1Der wrote:

@B335is wrote:

I only used it once so far, for the 20,000 points.  I think you get 20,000 more if you spend $10k in 10 months.  I figured it was a way in FNBO and was surprised they approved me.  I got $5.7k limit.

I told them I kept getting high APR cards and without knowing until the app was done, it took me a few tries.

How many cards fdo you have if you dont mind me asking?

EX - 751 EQ - 732 TU - 752
Over $200k in revolving credit lines
10% Overall UTI
BK Discharge Jan 2009
Message 7 of 9
virgo
Established Contributor

Im in Ca and their site says they are not accepting apps at this time.  But Im thinking, if you're already in with them, you should have a shot.

Message 8 of 9
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@Slim1Der wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@Slim1Der wrote:

@B335is wrote:

How many cards fdo you have if you dont mind me asking?

I have 45 cards including LaQuinta.  I just waited for them to approve or deny.  I didn't want to seem overly anxious, they do things at their own pace.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.