Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lane Bryant Card

tag
queen_britt2003
Contributor

Lane Bryant Card

Hello,

In 2005, I opened a Lane Bryant account.  I applied for the card because of the discount offered when shopping.  I never used the card.  Finally, in 2007 I closed the card since there was no activity.  It's now showing as a negative account on my reports.  Is this accurate?  There's no payment history, lates or anything.  Can this type of account be removed before 7 years?

Starting Scores (2012) - 545-600
Current Scores - FAKO CK (08.15.17) - TU 774, EQ 767
What's in My Wallet: CSP 10.9K CL, Walmart MasterCard 10,000, Discover IT Card CL 9000, BOA Cash Rewards 7500 CL, Tires Plus Card 2200, Discover Card (AU) CL 4000
(Gardening as of 8/15/17)

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: Lane Bryant Card

@queen_britt2003 wrote:

Hello,

In 2005, I opened a Lane Bryant account.  I applied for the card because of the discount offered when shopping.  I never used the card.  Finally, in 2007 I closed the card since there was no activity.  It's now showing as a negative account on my reports.  Is this accurate?  There's no payment history, lates or anything.  Can this type of account be removed before 7 years?

That's very strange that it's being listed as a negative account, considering you had no bads with it. I would look further into it and see if they give you a reason. Did you maybe close the account when there was still a balance on it and never paid it? Could be that. Otherwise I'm stuck as to why they would list it as negative.

It can definitely be removed before 7 years if there's actually no negative activity. Look into your report, see if it lists the negative information. If not, call the credit company and ask what was wrong with the account. If nothing was wrong, you can definitely dispute the information!

Best of luck!

Message 2 of 7
queen_britt2003
Contributor

I never used the account.  Never charged anything to it.  The balance was always 0.  I only applied so I could get the 15% discount they were offering in store.

Starting Scores (2012) - 545-600
Current Scores - FAKO CK (08.15.17) - TU 774, EQ 767
What's in My Wallet: CSP 10.9K CL, Walmart MasterCard 10,000, Discover IT Card CL 9000, BOA Cash Rewards 7500 CL, Tires Plus Card 2200, Discover Card (AU) CL 4000
(Gardening as of 8/15/17)

Message 3 of 7
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@queen_britt2003 wrote:

I never used the account.  Never charged anything to it.  The balance was always 0.  I only applied so I could get the 15% discount they were offering in store.

Weird...definitely look into it. It's probably just an error.

Message 4 of 7
laz98
Senior Contributor

That's very strange.  Does it have any comments attached as to why it is negative?  It shouldn't be.

Message 5 of 7
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Hmm i say dispute it if you dont agree with information on your credit report. Maybe it was a mistake? DISPUTE IT!! Smiley Happy

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 6 of 7
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

+1

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.