Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lane Bryant Credit Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lane Bryant Credit Card

Ok, so I just pulled my Experian cr and I was suprised to see that I have an open Layne Bryant account that I thought was closed.  The cr shows that there was never a late and paid in full with good status, so I called to request a card so that I could re-establish some positive credit.  The girl I spoke with said that she would need to put me on hold to try to re-open the account.  She came back and said that she re-submitted the request and I would hear within 7-10 days.  Needless to say my credit the last few years has been awful, and I did not even think about an inquiery on my cr until I hung up. 

Does anyone think that I will be able to get this account reactivated?  I just want to clean up my credit and get it moving upward.  Thank you for your feedback.

Tiffany
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

Re: Lane Bryant Credit Card

hi!!
im not sure about reopening it, i know if it's been closed for a long period of time you basically have to reapply, but you said it was still open so i'm not so sure about that..

i know they are issued by wfnb..do you have any baddies like collection, bk etc..i know they are not bk friendly..

good luck
~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is not showing closed just inactive, no BKs or Repos.  Just not good history for awhile.
Message 3 of 13
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

hmmm i know they are picky...i guess you could try and reconn..i'm not trying to pry but how bad are your baddies?? most co if not recently may overlook.
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not sure how to answer your question.  We just got our mortgage current for the month of May, but the mortgage company has not reported since January.  We have an GE Money account that is severly late and I suppose the rest are collections for medical.  We are working on getting everything current and if the account is already closed than paying it off.  I know that it is a long road to improve our credit, but one that we are excited to travel.
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

any other opinions?
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tiffany,

I've had great luck with reopening my LB account. I originally opened my account with them in 1991, promptly ran it up, was quite often late with payments, overlimit, etc. They reduced my CL to $200, and I finally paid it off and closed it. After a couple of years, I called them up and they reopened my account (same card #, original opening date). Once again I ran it up, was late with payments, etc. So I paid it off and closed it again! It was closed for probably 2 years, when I called them up once more and asked them to reopen the account, which they did. Again, same card # and original open date (1991). So I think you have a shot!

Good luck!

Tessa
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

very interesting, mine was closed for years and just last month started showing up as open, status ok.  maybe i'll go instore to see if they can reissue, its a 17 year old account!
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I bet they will re-open IF they have the info-
They changed banks last year-
You WILL get a hard- on EQ
Message 9 of 13
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

timothy-
what bank are they with now? i looked at site and it still said wfnnb
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.