Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lane Bryant

tag
PrettyGyrl
Frequent Contributor

Lane Bryant

I had a Lane Bryant card about 10 years ago...burned them and the rest is history. That's when they were under WFNB...do you think now they're under Comenity Bank I could get another card?
Started from the bottom, now I'm here: 4/20/15: EX-674 TU 704 EQ-677
TU-Clean...EQ & EX-1 Paid Collections & 1 Judgement
T minus 4 months until Operation EE!!
Goal: 750 Across the board! AMEX Approved! Living in the Garden
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Lane Bryant

@PrettyGyrl wrote:
I had a Lane Bryant card about 10 years ago...burned them and the rest is history. That's when they were under WFNB...do you think now they're under Comenity Bank I could get another card?

could see if they are part of shopping cart trick... otherwise I might wait until you get EQ over 600 before cold applying.

Message 2 of 6
PrettyGyrl
Frequent Contributor

@Creditaddict...I get no success on the shop cart trick Smiley Sad but I'll definitely take your advice. I'm patiently waiting for the results of my EQ investigations (early deletions)
Message 3 of 6
sailor_mercury
Valued Contributor

@PrettyGyrl wrote:
@Creditaddict...I get no success on the shop cart trick Smiley Sad but I'll definitely take your advice. I'm patiently waiting for the results of my EQ investigations (early deletions)

They do not have the shopping cart trick, they are always a HP and a HP for CLI.  I opened a card with them because sometimes I buy their bras and I wanted notice on the buy 2 get 2 free sale.  I thought the CL was incredibly low $300.  I also got a Victoria's Secret card at the same time and the CL is $750.  I don't see a lot of rewards with the card.  I'm not sure it was worth the HP and I still don't see sale notifications from them. 

NFCU nCashRewards VISA - $20,000 | NFCU nRewards $10,000
AMEX Costco TrueEarnings $5,000 | AMEX Delta Gold $1,500
Chase SWA VISA $5,000 | Chase Slate $3,500 | Chase Amazon Rewards VISA $3,000
HSN Mastecard $3,500
Message 4 of 6
PrettyGyrl
Frequent Contributor

Thanks sailor_mercury
Message 5 of 6
sailor_mercury
Valued Contributor

@PrettyGyrl wrote:
Thanks sailor_mercury

I don't mean to discourage you.  It might be a great card if you are willing to take a HP and it's a planned part of your building process.  Shopping with their card does earn more points.  Right now they are offering 50 addl rewards points for new accounts.

Usually I wait for the bra sale.  4 bras end up costing about $100-$120 and it's twice a year.  I've also bought some tshirts in the past but the bottom hems came unraveled quickly.  Or I might just suck at doing laundry Smiley Happy

I think it's usually beneficial to have a store card if you are a frequent shopper and will use the instore rewards system.  I wouldn't rule them out if you feel they will fit the credit profile you are looking to build.

Cardholder Benefits

• 2 points per $1 spent* at Lane Bryant, Cacique, Lane Bryant Outlet, lanebryant.com and cacique.com
  • Get 1 point per $1 when you shop at Catherines or Catherines.com
  • Reward yourself with a $10 Rewards Cheque for every 400 points accumulated
  • Upgrade to Premier Status when you spend $400 or upgrade to Platinum Status when you spend $600**

*The Rewards Program is provided by Lane Bryant Inc. Program terms may change at any time.

NFCU nCashRewards VISA - $20,000 | NFCU nRewards $10,000
AMEX Costco TrueEarnings $5,000 | AMEX Delta Gold $1,500
Chase SWA VISA $5,000 | Chase Slate $3,500 | Chase Amazon Rewards VISA $3,000
HSN Mastecard $3,500
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.