Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large change in income, what to do?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Large change in income, what to do?

So between my wife and I we have around 15 different credit card accounts and currently have an income of about $250k. My wife will be quitting her job to stay at home with our new son shortly and she makes $100k. Do I need to report any of this to my cc companies or just wait and see if they ask? Also if they do ask and all of a sudden my income drops from $250-150k is there gonna be serious AA. Our current overall available credit is around $200k and we both have ~780-800 scores with zero negative info.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Large change in income, what to do?

I doubt anything will happen unless you charge more than you can pay.

I'd just leave it alone, unless they ask for an update.
Message 2 of 5
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

I agree with KDM, just leave it alone until you're asked and have to explain.
TCL= $172,800
6-7-16: EQ 683 EX 713 TU 715
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 5
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Let lying dogs lie and don't poke bears. If asked for updates then by all means be honest and when applying for new credit of course by all means be honest, but if your paying your bills and being a good cardholder then they don't care so leave it be.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I read on one of my banks websites that they won't do a CLD based on income alone. Don't know if other banks have similar policies but I imagine they do. As long as you are still making decent payments before the due date I think you will be ok.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.