Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large transaction on new AMEX?

tag
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Re: Large transaction on new AMEX?

No problem or concern Imo Smiley Happy
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 11 of 21
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

I understand your concern, after many attempts i was just approved for a CSP with a 5k CL, My first purchase was a 3500 hotel stay and I'm sure I will use the card more that just that between now and the statement date.  My statement doesn't close until 2/8 so I will use my paycheck from 2/31 to PIF...  I'm kinda wondering if chase is going to be worried that I will have a 4k+ balance on the card and wait 20+ days after the statement closes to pay it off.... I've almost thought about paying a 2 or 2.5K from my paycheck at the end of this month to run the balance down some to alleviate any worries they have...

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 12 of 21
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Make the charge, pay the bill, and don't look back!

I think you are too worried about this...

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@howardroark wrote:

I was recently approved for a new Starwood Preferred Guest card from Amex. In order to get the 25k bonus, I would like to pay my auto insurance with the card. This would be ~ 60% of my CL in one transaction. Is that too large of a transaction for a new card?

ymmv but i got an 8k limit on a delta gold this month and was FR three weeks later for making 2k in purchases, specifically for making a $1,000 delta purchase (per my conversation with amex). Each situation is different, but it is not as cut and dry as others have made it seem.

Message 14 of 21
howardroark
Established Member

Well, I put the charge through. We'll see what happens.
Message 15 of 21
Open123
Super Contributor

@howardroark wrote:

FRs are a reality with Amex, and even Chase, except Chase will just close your accounts without any further discourse.

There are some known data points on what may lead to an Amex FR, but no one knows exactly.  It's pointless to fret or worry over it.  Just use your card for purchases that you'd like to put in it, and don't worry about the FR.

If it comes, it'll come.  Nothing you can do.

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Open123 wrote:

@howardroark wrote:

FRs are a reality with Amex, and even Chase, except Chase will just close your accounts without any further discourse.

There are some known data points on what may lead to an Amex FR, but no one knows exactly.  It's pointless to fret or worry over it.  Just use your card for purchases that you'd like to put in it, and don't worry about the FR.

+1

Message 17 of 21
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Yep!!!!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 18 of 21
Imua
Frequent Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@howardroark wrote:

this is the first time i've read about chase doing FRs 

do any posters have experience with this????

Message 19 of 21
Open123
Super Contributor

@Imua wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@howardroark wrote:

this is the first time i've read about chase doing FRs 

do any posters have experience with this????

Chase doesn't do "FRs" per se, but will just close accounts when they deem necessary.  Unlike Amex, there is no review, discourse, or dialogue.  

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.