cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Largest Citi 0% BT Check you've ever done? What about 30K?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Largest Citi 0% BT Check you've ever done? What about 30K?

I applied for a Citi card with 9K CL. The card arrived with 0% Balance Transfer Checks I can write to myself. I just applied for a CLI and my Citi card CL is now 30K.   

1. I want to write a 30K check to myself, can I use the same original 0% BT checks? Or do I need to request new checks?
2. Has anyone ever written a large 30K+ Citi BT check and have it successfully post? Or Does Citi have any BT limits?

Thanks!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Note: I'm actually writing a 29K check to be exact... since there are fees......)

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Largest Citi 0% BT Check you've ever done? What about 30K?

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied for a Citi card with 9K CL. The card arrived with 0% Balance Transfer Checks I can write to myself. I just applied for a CLI and my Citi card CL is now 30K.   

1. I want to write a 30K check to myself, can I use the same original 0% BT checks? Or do I need to request new checks?
2. Has anyone ever written a large 30K+ Citi BT check and have it successfully post? Or Does Citi have any BT limits?

Thanks!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Note: I'm actually writing a 29K check to be exact... since there are fees......)

In the past I have written a $14,000 BT 0% Check to a private party when buying a car. It was like an 18 mo loan without having to apply. Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks!!!

In the past I have written a $14,000 BT 0% Check to a private party when buying a car. It was like an 18 mo loan without having to apply. Smiley Very Happy

Very nice.. Good idea and can help someone.

Message 3 of 6
taxi818
Super Contributor

I just tried it for $500. citi has feature to may check to yourself. with 0 percent. 3 percent fee. so im trying to bring my installment loan down. so i thought i would try it. im not in the habit of borrowing money. but i need to test the boundaries of this new stuff.

Message 4 of 6
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

I did it once just for kicks for $8K. Direct  Deposite to my external checking account. Easy. Took 2 or 3 days if I recall.

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can use the same checks.
No limit.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.