cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last 12 Months INQ and Who Pulled What! Way Fewer then I thought!!!

tag
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

Re: Last 12 Months INQ and Who Pulled What! Way Fewer then I thought!!!

@jasimae wrote:

I might be the only one to say this, but all those apps is just plain sad.  Even more so given the fact that they all occurred within a 12 month period and even more so given the fact that you knew your reports were locked and yet you continued to app.  I do not see any benefit or incite to this thread or this information.  I might be standing alone in that train of thought but oh well.

I don't see anything wrong with it.  When your credit is less than perfect, you tend to test the waters to see who will open doors to you and who won't.  Ultimately, I'd think you'd want to garden after a while, but that's a decision for the OP to make...not for us to judge them on.  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 11 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@jasimae wrote:

I might be the only one to say this, but all those apps is just plain sad.  Even more so given the fact that they all occurred within a 12 month period and even more so given the fact that you knew your reports were locked and yet you continued to app.  I do not see any benefit or incite to this thread or this information.  I might be standing alone in that train of thought but oh well.

I'm not sure why you call it sad that I applied for these things?

A Number of the INQ are Car Refi that didn't happen until late in the year.

Now when it comes to all the INQ with GE, yes I applied for many different cards, but if you knew where I have been and come from I feel they make a bit more sense, I have been transitioning from the BK and getting off Auth and joint accounts and moving into accounts on my own and that are useful... Now I won't say that I don't still have Auth accounts or Joint Accounts or that I need all the GE accounts I applied for... but:

Chevron - Usefull especially if I got the Visa Version, I didn't but okay... I had a Chevron before with someon else which was closed so I wanted my own.

I seel and shop on Ebay and Amazon so both of those cards are very nice, especially since I got the MC for PayPal

Walmart - Free Fico, that is worth it in it's self

Lowes - I have had Home  Depot for the past 8 or so years, those are closed now, I was auth.... I will be at some point in next year or two buying a condo most likely so I figure get started now since many report lower limits at first with Lowes and then huge increases over time.

Lens Crafters, don't really need that much but my Partner just spent $800 last week, so I could have had all of it put on my new card at 6 months if approved and just build history if I need something in future.

Now when it comes to Freezing EQ (usually GE either pulls TU or EQ) I knew what some places pulled and I had a lot of places I didn't know... The plan ALWAYS was to get the Barclay and try Amex and Citi for Black List (confirmed!) then lock EQ and EX and apply for the GE I knew would be TU and apply for the ones I iddn't know what they pulled... The list I posted today doesn't even show all my apps because I didn't list the banks that didn't pull because of frozen report.

Additionally I have always fallen on the side that I don't care about INQ and I don't think they really hurt you if the rest of your reports and accounts are good.... Now once I post my other accounts you might think I'm totally off my rocker but that's what's good about Credit and about the board, some say not to apply for more than like 2 things a year or even longer with no apps and then you see some people with 60 INQ on EQ and still get approved...

I consider my debt to be my handicap, it's not the INQ, it's not the BK... it's debt!

To sum up... I wanted to create the list because I had many posts regarding who pulls what, declines, what approved, etc. etc. Many followed all my apps in a very short time and some liked the idea, some thought I was crazy and needed to join Garden club (I do!!) lol but in the end I just like to apply and I like to do it quickly... actually I really just love to apply... When I actually know I'm within 12 months of applying for Mortgage I "REALLY" will not apply for anything... but right now besides getting accounts in my name and building relationships with the right banks, I will just continue to apply, open, decline for anything I like when I unlock my reports again. Currently all 3 Frozen and staying for a hot minute!!

Well I guess that's it, the boards are FAB because we get to pick out all the crazy things we might agree or disagree on but in the end I have been pretty successful in getting things that I want... that has not always been a good thing that I could do that but it shows it's not just "1" reason why you get approved or declined... it's a very large picture and none of us really have the 100% formula in which gets us approved at each bank.

Message 12 of 14
jasimae
Frequent Contributor

Not sure why you felt the need to explain yourself or justify your actions.  Frankly, I'm not judging you, I'm stating my thoughts on the information that you've chosen to share.  I don't find anything to "LOL" about with all those apps.  I cannot tell you what to do and I don't want to.  My opinion (and everyone knows the age old saying about opinions) is that you are making some very poor choices and trying hard to justify them.  Instead of folks suggesting that you stop apping, for some reason you get a pat on the back and are told to "keep trying".  No, you shouldn't keep trying.  Maybe you should stop apping and focus on cleaning up your "debt" as you put it.

Message 13 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@jasimae wrote:

Not sure why you felt the need to explain yourself or justify your actions.  Frankly, I'm not judging you, I'm stating my thoughts on the information that you've chosen to share.  I don't find anything to "LOL" about with all those apps.  I cannot tell you what to do and I don't want to.  My opinion (and everyone knows the age old saying about opinions) is that you are making some very poor choices and trying hard to justify them.  Instead of folks suggesting that you stop apping, for some reason you get a pat on the back and are told to "keep trying".  No, you shouldn't keep trying.  Maybe you should stop apping and focus on cleaning up your "debt" as you put it.

It's hard to portray in text what my tone, etc.  I don't feel like I have to justify, I'm just showing what I have done and what has worked and what has not worked.

I really went into this posting to see and hear feedback from the what I would call the "conservative" applyer and rebuilder or maybe someone in the 800 club, and also the less conservative more apply for what I want kind of person.

Over the years of being on the bored it appears to me their is not much happy medium, either you apply for a lot of cards or you apply for like 1 or 2... I have seen positives and negatives to both sides. I was showing my side which is I don't care about INQ and I don't care about AA. Now in the past I have consistantly moved balances around to 0% but I wasn't really actually making the balance go down it just continued to go up.

And yes I agree stop applying and work on the debt... My debt has been my focus for the last 4 plus years and I have had some slip ups but it is heading in the right direction and the cards I added over the last 2 months all had purpose for me... even if that purpose was not now (Lowes).

Thank you for your feeback, I am positive you are not alone in your thinking which was my point of positing, someone else that wouldn't say it was thinking I bet so I want to make sure I portrayed my reasons and hear others feedback or questions about it or themselves... I love these boards for this reason, we don't all have to agree! Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.