Did you mean: 

Last 4 of SSN requested for Ipod purchase

tag
MattH
Senior Contributor

Re: Last 4 of SSN requested for Ipod purchase

@Anonymous wrote:
Waitaminnit.
Can we get back to the fact that you can buy an ipod from a vending machine? I mean, I live in the LAND of the vending machine (Tokyo) and we can't do that.
I must move back to America, before I completely lose touch!!

I got my current camera at such a vending machine in the front of a Stop & Shop supermarket of all places. Next to it was another machine selling high-end cosmetics (Elizabeth Arden, I think). A few months later the machine selling electronics (this one also had Ipods and suchlike) vanished but the one selling cosmetics remains, so I guess sales of gadgets at this location weren't up to their expectations. Which is kinda odd because this store already has lots of cosmetics on their regular shelves, but not Ipods...

These machines are from this outfit:

http://www.zoomsystems.com/
TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 21 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Last 4 of SSN requested for Ipod purchase

Well.....we can get glass jars of sake. And quarts of milk. Not from the same machineSmiley Happy

That's really interesting, but it doesn't surprise me that much. For all its technological advancement, Japan is very wary of new ways to do things.

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.