Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last CC debt paid

tag
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Last CC debt paid

That last pesky BoA account is finally paid off. It took me much longer than I thought it would but life and living have a way of upsetting plans and goals. Smiley Happy I can't remember the last time I didn't have CC debt. It must be decades. It's a new and strange feeling.

The util on it will go from about 65% to 0. I might get a nice little boost on my score but the main motivation was always to be CC debt free. AND my overall debt is down into five figures now. I was probably in my early 20's the last time that was true. I just wanted to spread my good news.

Time can heal all wounds and a low FICO.
"Hello my name is Sandy and I'm a recovering crediholic".

P.S. What was I saying about life getting in the way? Monday my wife will get two crowns. Out comes the CareCredit card. <Sigh>  At least I will be CC debt free for 24 hours!!! LOL

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Last CC debt paid

Excellent work! Feels great doesn't it.
Message 2 of 11
Established Contributor

Congratulations! Your hard work is what did it. Sleep well..
Message 3 of 11
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@plasticman wrote:

Thanks. I will sleep well until Monday morning when the dentist asks "How will you be paying for this?Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 11
Established Contributor

A very hardy LOL!
Message 5 of 11
Macroman
Regular Contributor

Congratulations!!!!
Message 6 of 11
RadioRob
Established Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@plasticman wrote:

Thanks. I will sleep well until Monday morning when the dentist asks "How will you be paying for this?Smiley Very Happy

And that is when you look him right in the eye and with as straight a face is possible say "where are the dishes"?  Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 11
marty56
Super Contributor

Welcome to the CC debt free club.  I remember how it felt when my last CC debt was PIF after my 25+ year reign of CC debt terror.

Dont worry about the dentist bill.  Being a CC debt free club member entitles you to charge on your CC and even revolve a balce if you have to as long as you have a date when it will be PIF. 1 year max if possible, 3 months is best.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 8 of 11
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Congrats!!!  At least with Care Credit you'll have no interest for "X" amount of months!  Should be a nice stretch since they go by purchase price.

I'm not too far behind you on the debt free cc club.  Out of 5 cc's only one has a balance of about 6k. & my total util dropped to 48%!!  I am SO on a mission!!!  

Congrats again & news like this keeps us all motivated!  Smiley Wink

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 9 of 11
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

At least with Care Credit you'll have no interest for "X" amount of months!

That's true. Paying zero interest helps alot. Funny thing though just about a year ago CareCredit had one of my highest rates if you didn't pay off in the alllowed time but now it's one of my lowest after all my rate jacks. LOL

How times can change quickly!!!  I've used this card several times without paying a cent in interest. You just have to have discipline (something I didn't have for many years) to pay it off in the interst free time period.

Time can heal all wounds and a low FICO.
"Hello my name is Sandy and I'm a recovering crediholic".

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.