Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last card to conquer.... Discover

tag
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: Last card to conquer.... Discover

Brammy wrote:
I HAD to have a Discover.  My reason just to prove to myself that I had finally arrived after working so hard to turn my credit profile around.  Thee are LOTS of different reasons to want one card or another.

I wouldn't mind a Discover just to prove I could get it.  HOWEVER - I have enough cards right now: backup in case of CLRs, the rewards I want, fairly decent CLs, automatic payments etc, so there is really no point in me getting one.
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 21 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

concorduserBrammy,  I don't get it.  Why you want to have Discover Card so badly?  What is so special?   I got Discover More last month, and I likes their Get More Reward Program and selection of card designs ONLY.   My standard APR after 0% intro APR is over will be 16.99%.  This is highest APR within all my CCs.

I would like to ask same question as bman69 and I9jkjam  ... 
How many CCs do you have?  How many inq do you have?

My inq was only 2 from Sep 2006 and Nov 2006 when I appld to Discover More last month.

I don't understand I9ikjam, you have 14 inq in past 2 yrs and appld for another CC?  You know those inq stay on your CR for 2 yrs right.  I want to say, do not apply to any other CC until most of those inq is gone from your CR even your score goes up over 700.  This is my opinion.

MidnightVoice, you are craver!   I agree with you.  Yea, why you need to apply for another CC is you have enough already and not needed.  Good for you.  I do not understand people who just want to apply to more CCs to add to their collection even they don't need it.
Message 22 of 28
jsmith12345
Regular Contributor

I have a Discover from Discover.  I believe my scores were in the mid 700's when I got it.  I rarely use it, but try to get my 5% cash back out of it. 
Message 23 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

concorduser wrote:
Only one card left for me to conquer to complete my collection of cards. That is Discover Card.

Hopefully between March-August my scores should be around 740 according to fico simulator.

What is good scores before Discover would approve the card?

How much fico and inq's. I think they look EX right. Or do they pull all 3 CR's for the approval?

I got  more card about 3 montha ago they tried to pull TU but I had it lockec. They called me and they pull EX ove the phone and I was approved. I was like 735 at the time.
Message 24 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

jsmith, how long do you have that CC?    Is that Discover More?    Do they treat you good?
I try to get 5% back as much as I can.  Do you have pets?  If yours is Discover More, you can get 5% if you purchase at pet store this month.  I will use my Discover More at pet store this month because of that instead use other CCs.
Message 25 of 28
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

IF you have no lates for one year, no collections, no bk and 20% util, 660-700 score.  Is a Discover in my future? 

I've been declined by them........I can't even remember, twice.  I haven't app'd for about 4 years. 

I've got a way to go.
Message 26 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

fishbjc wrote:
IF you have no lates for one year, no collections, no bk and 20% util, 660-700 score.  Is a Discover in my future? 

I've been declined by them........I can't even remember, twice.  I haven't app'd for about 4 years. 

I've got a way to go.

Could be. I got one on recon and DO have a bk.  My TU score however was 709 when they pulled.

Message 27 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

fishbjc,  "have no lates for one year, no collections, no bk and 20% util"  ...  GREAT JOB!
Also  "I haven't app'd for about 4 years"  is good.

That time I apply for my Discover More card with 0% intro APR for purchase and BT until Feb 09';
My score was almost 750, util was 67% include 2 loan balances, I had 2 inq from Sep 06' and Nov 06', and none of bad record.  It was OUTSTANDING.   And I got approved for 2K CL.

Sylviatob wrote:
So you go to a site and check out a particular card, and they state minimum requirements, such as: for those with excellent credit...fair, good or poor credit.
The moral of the story is: do not apply for cards that are beyond your reach.

IMO, Research more before you apply.

Message Edited by bunnyrabbit on 02-08-2008 12:47 PM
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.