cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late Fee on Due Date? What the heck Chase!

tag
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Late Fee on Due Date? What the heck Chase!

The rundown:

My bill for my chase bp is due on Jan 25, i log in on Jan 25 to make a payment and i see that they have already charged me 39.00 late fee. I mean whats up with that...has that ever happened to any of you?

I definitely gonna give them a call and a piece of my mind, im bout fed up with the way they have been handling things lately!

Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

Re: Late Fee on Due Date? What the heck Chase!

I think Chase is one of the companies you have to pay by like 3pm EST on the due date or if not it's late..You may want to go to the pymt page and look, alot of times it's on the page..
~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 2 of 16
oracles
Valued Contributor

I just experience with chase my due date being moved 5 days earlier. I called chase last year to get them to move my due date to the 19th because it coincide with my paycheck. I receive this month's bill and they moved my due date to the 14th. I called up to have them change it back to the 19th but it could not be done for this month, only afterwards.  Luckily I pay in full and always right when I receive the bill but this was definitely disturbing.

I have always paid on the 19th. If I was in the mind frame of paying the 19th and did not look, I would have been late.

I agree with bamgirl, if you did not make a payment before the due time, they will tack the late fee on quicker than an Iraqi throwing a shoe at bush.

Definitely get into the habit of paying much earlier than the due date.

Message 3 of 16
score_building
Senior Contributor

i think barring issuers from setting a time on the due date is one of the items suggested in connection with new rules for ccc's.

i make several payments above the minimum each month to short circuit these type of booby traps that are still in place for now at least to collect enormous profits in fee revenue- which at this point remains a HUGE cash cow for issuers, even compared to the funds they collect on interest.

i would call and plead for (booby trap) fee removal and forgiveness.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 4 of 16
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Given that the internet and online banking make life so easy, I always make sure that at least twice the minimum goes as soon as the statement cuts.  I would rather pay twice and forego some interest than get a late fee!!
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 5 of 16
itsjustmeibe
Regular Contributor

In these times, I don't pay anything on the due date unless it's set up for automatic withdrawal. It's too risky. I have to pay at least a few days in advance to make sure it's posted before the due date.
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase is full of it.  I've always paid my cards about 15 days early, and over the past year or so I've noticed the due date gradually creeping down.  I think if I keep with my regular pattern and not pay attention to these changes, I'll eventually end up being late!!  It's blatant manipulation.

That's what I love about Discover.  Due date has always been exactly on the 19th, no exceptions.

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@oracles wrote:

I agree with bamgirl, if you did not make a payment before the due time, they will tack the late fee on quicker than an Iraqi throwing a shoe at bush.

Definitely get into the habit of paying much earlier than the due date.

@Anonymous @ the bush comment .

Yeah never pay your credit card on the due date if anything make sure you pay on your card 7 days before the due date to give u a little leg room.

Message Edited by mjbfan79 on 01-30-2009 11:58 AM
Message 8 of 16
preci0uz
Regular Contributor

If this is the first time you're late with them, I'm sure they can probably wave the fee.

Just call and ask for a supervisorSmiley Happy

Message 9 of 16
marty56
Super Contributor

BofA also expects they payment to be made by a certian time of the day.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.