Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late Payment Warning From Citi

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Late Payment Warning From Citi

I, too, was shocked and annoyed to see this offensive and condescending late payment warning message for the first time today (when my bills are always paid in full and on time). I urge consumers to send an email to customer service expressing your displeasure at this new 'initiative'. It may not change anything but we can always hope that the credit card companies might (someday, again) care about their customers.
Message 11 of 14
DI
Super Contributor

The late payment warning should at least go away after the payment is made.  I PIF before 11/2 due date, and the warning still appears.  I hope the luv button appear soon.  This is my 3rd month having the card.
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

One last comment on this topic...the response I had from Citi customer service today was as follows (they intend to keep these late payment warnings viewable at all times, it seems!):

We apologize for any inconvenience this experience may have caused you.

Our records indicate that there is no late fee assessed on the account.

Our records indicate that a 'Late Fee Warning' is inserted for better communication and understanding since the statement format has changed.

The Late Payment Warning will not be immediately removed after a payment is made. It disappears at the end of the billing cycle. 

Message 13 of 14
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

One last comment on this topic...the response I had from Citi customer service today was as follows (they intend to keep these late payment warnings viewable at all times, it seems!):

We apologize for any inconvenience this experience may have caused you.

Our records indicate that there is no late fee assessed on the account.

Our records indicate that a 'Late Fee Warning' is inserted for better communication and understanding since the statement format has changed.

The Late Payment Warning will not be immediately removed after a payment is made. It disappears at the end of the billing cycle. 

Thanks for the info!  Citi needs to compensate the inconvenience with a CLI.  Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.