New Visitor
dannym

Late Payment on Best Buy

I did not pay my october statement due 10/19th, ended up paying it 11/10. Will it affect my fico?

Never had a late payment before.

Mega Contributor
RobertEG

Re: Late Payment on Best Buy

Lates are not reported to your credit file until 30-days after the statement due date.

You are late after the statement due date, but this is not reported until being delinquent for at least 30-days.

So, no, it should not report the a CRA or have any FICO impact.

Super Contributor
marty56

Re: Late Payment on Best Buy

Some CCCs will not report you late until you are 60 days late.  I have a 6 year old 30 day late on my CR from Best Buy.  I do not remember how late it actually was.  I would call and speak with them so at least they could put a note in your file.  These days, if for some reason you are going to be late with a payment, I would call and let them know and if you forgetto make a payment, call as soon as you remember.  May not make a difference but I would trade a 30 day late for a RJ or CLD  any day of the year.
09/12/2013 FICO: EQ: 772 EX:813 TU:752

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+