Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late one day affect credit

tag
creditwatcher2012
Frequent Contributor

Late one day affect credit

I forgot to make my loan payment yesterday it as due the 25th I just made it now? Will it effect my credit?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Late one day affect credit

@creditwatcher2012 wrote:
I forgot to make my loan payment yesterday it as due the 25th I just made it now? Will it effect my credit?

No, you have to be late over 30 days before it will report to credit for first time... actually most of the time late 60 days to report 30 days late.

Message 2 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Should not report you as late but it may effect your terms. Contact them and see if the late pyt will trigger an increase in your APR. If you are longstanding customer, see if you can use that to your benefit. If you were in a promo period, sometime a late pyt will cancel or void those special terms.
Message 3 of 10
enharu
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Should not report you as late but it may effect your terms. Contact them and see if the late pyt will trigger an increase in your APR. If you are longstanding customer, see if you can use that to your benefit. If you were in a promo period, sometime a late pyt will cancel or void those special terms.

+1

call them asap. Usually they will just charge you a late fee and won't do anything else if you're late by just 1 day, but just call just to be sure. They can sometimes even waive the late fee for you.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 10
creditwatcher2012
Frequent Contributor

Ok thanks for the info guys, santander said that in order to be charged a late fee your acct has to be past due 10+ days so I think I'm good
Message 5 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 6 of 10
creditwatcher2012
Frequent Contributor

Lol yes I'm going to do that now lol thanks!
Message 7 of 10
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Good. Might I suggest you set up auto pay.

You could also try setting up your accounts on manilla or something , that will remind you when you have accounts that are going to be due. I also set up reminders or events in my google calender to email/text me when something is about to be due. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 8 of 10
creditwatcher2012
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the info I'll check into that
Message 9 of 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Good. Might I suggest you set up auto pay.

+1 this is good for everyone to do 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.