Regular Contributor
anevilpetingzoo

Late payment: wasn't reported BUT.....

I've had two Citi cards for a while.  Carried a big balance 8k on an 11k limit card.

I missed two payments (stupid error on my part)  I added my second card to my online account, and that screwed up the spacing.  When I would log in, it would say no payment due.... Once I scrolled down to the bottom of the page, I saw my other card was LATE!

They called me, and I paid all the fees and brought the account current.  Few months later, when I checked my CR, no negatives were reported, still haven't been!

Bad news: they rate jacked me.  Up to 29.99%.  I didn't have a chance to transfer the balance until this month.

I guess in the long run, a few hundred dollars in interest is better than a mark on my credit history.

Is it common to not get reported, but jacked?

Valued Member
wemmington

Re: Late payment: wasn't reported BUT.....

Were you more than 30 days late?
Senior Contributor
txjohn

Re: Late payment: wasn't reported BUT.....

Generally if you do not go over 30 days late, it will not report, because the minimum late on CR is late 30.

However, sometimes you may get a GW or just get lucky. But, the rate jack proves they took notice (or the system did). Keep you nose clean with them for 6 months then request a rate reduction.

And yes, a couple hundred is better than 7 years of a derog late on CR.

Credit Scoring 101 - Tuscani   *  Guide to Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads * FICO High Achievers  *  FICO Score Estimator

09/03/2009 TU: 777, EQ: 776 ($8 balance on an account dropped me out of 780's)
03/28/2009 TU: 814, EQ: 810, EX: 781 (02/12/2009)
05/18/2005 TU: 563, EQ: 580, EX: 549

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+