kpaintsten

Late payments showing up from CC payments from CCCS - what to do now?

I went through Consumer Credit Counseling to pay off my credit cards. They're paid in full as of last June after beginning with CCCS in late 2003.

I just today got all 3 of my credit reports. All 3 agencies are showing that my 2 B of A CC's and my Chase card were paid 30-60 days late for the majority of months in 2006 and 2007.

WTH? I paid CCCS through automatic withdrawal from my checking account and never missed a payment or paid late.

What can I do to rectify this?

Thanks for your help.

Established Contributor
Ulan

Re: Late payments showing up from CC payments from CCCS - what to do now?

I had a simlar problem with Wells Fargo in the beginning. I used Autopay, and that usually kicks in past due date. In my case, they fortunately charged me late fees, so I noticed this immediately. It was easy to convince them that I'm not responsible if they pay themselves late. I had to go through this twice, though, until everything worked fine.

I hope you can still do something about stuff that is 3 years old. I'm not sure whether I have statements that are that old.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}