Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late payments

tag
Necromancer
Regular Contributor

Late payments

How long does it take for late payments to fall off your credit report?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Poki
Valued Member

Re: Late payments

7 years +/-2 months The biggest impact on your credit score seems to be how recent the late payment was, and on what type of account.
"Neither a Borrower Nor a Lender Be"
Message 2 of 7
Necromancer
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the info. Luckily my credit report only show 3 payments 30 days late all occurred in 2011 all on one cc account.

Message 3 of 7
enharu
Super Contributor

You can also see the status of the account when you buy your credit reports from the CRAs.

For EX, there's a field that states the date which the account will be back into positive status.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 7
Necromancer
Regular Contributor

The card is issued from my local credit union and only reports to 1 CRA, Equifax. So now I've just got to stay diligent and wait the 7+ years.

Message 5 of 7
Poki
Valued Member

@Necromancer wrote:

The card is issued from my local credit union and only reports to 1 CRA, Equifax. So now I've just got to stay diligent and wait the 7+ years.

No need to wait 7 years, or worry too much about it. After 2 years, that 30-day late mark doesn't hurt that much. An old 30 day late is not that damaging as long as it is an isolated incident.

That said, set up auto-payments or go through a list of bills due at every paycheck. 

"Neither a Borrower Nor a Lender Be"
Message 6 of 7
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

5 years if you are a resident of New York State Smiley Happy

AMEX PRG NPSL, FIDELITY REWARDS 50K, CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE 27K, AMEX DELTA SKYMIES GOLD 25K, CITI DIAMOND PREFERRED 22K, CHASE FREEDOM 20K, CITI DOUBLE CASH 15.5K, BARCLAYCARD REWARDS MASTERCARD 15K, CHASE MARRIOTT PREMIER 5K, CAPITAL ONE SONY CARD 5.75K, CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 3.5K, AMAZON STORECARD 6K, VICTORIAS SECRET 2650, EXPRESS NEXT 1850,Gardening2/17/17.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.