Mega Contributor

Re: Latest SCAM -- Union Workers Credit Union -- BEWARE

Can't believe this scam is still active....................Smiley Indifferent

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 81 of 145
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

And, I can't believe people still fall for it....

Message 82 of 145
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

People will always fall for it, at least enough people to make this scam profitable.  Everybody wants to improve their lives, and that's what these scammers count on.

Google and myfico.com are your friends.  

Message 83 of 145
greylian
New Visitor

I got one of their letters. Heres what I did with it and others like it: They send along a prepaid return envelope. Just fill it up with something VERY HEAVY, tape it shut and drop it in the mail box. Use something solid no powder stuff  or old batteries.

Message 84 of 145
gomer79
New Visitor

Re: Latest SCAM -- -- BEWARE

RE: I just got a letter from the  Union Workers Credit SERVICES , i looked them up on line before doing anything STUPID and SENDING THEM $37.00 THAT I REALLY DON'T HAVE TO SEND AND found this page, i thought, it was to good to be true. cause my credit is really bad and for someone to give me a 10k credit card yeah right, think god i looked it up first.  I JUST WANT TO SAY THANK YOU 

Message 85 of 145
victum11
New Visitor

I got the Union Credit approval also. But This guy was in my house, went through my npurse and got all my info. He just finished telling me he was going to have an interview for the Union. We got into a fight, he appoligized. I couldnt accept his apoligy. He got mad and is horrasing me bad and my son. I believe he applyed for the caed. How much of a couincidence would that be? He is a hacker and be carful if you get something from him. Modcut . Im sceard hes going to ruin my life and my sons!!!1

Message 86 of 145
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

You need to contact the police department NOW!!!!!  Don't do anything else, contact them NOW!!!!

And while they are there, fill out an identity theft report.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 87 of 145
victum11
New Visitor

I called the police the said they cant do anything until it shows up on my credit report. I amvhiding out right now on monday ill get a hold of the credit report palse I had before. Im sceared and he just texted me again andvi didnt reply.
Message 88 of 145
victum11
New Visitor

I called the police the said they cant do anything until it shows up on my credit report. I amvhiding out right now on monday ill get a hold of the credit report palse I had before. Im sceared and he just texted me again andvi didnt reply.how do you fill out an identity theft report?
Message 89 of 145

I have in front of me now a letter from Credit Workers Credit Services -1327 Empire Central-Suite 130 -Dallas TX 75247. It seems they have changed their "business" address , but everything else is EXACTLY as the so-called offers the others reported on about them on this forum. I knew there were several inconsistencies in the offer.They are still sending out these comgratulatory letters , and, in small print, it says the 37.00 membership fee is fully refundable WITH YOUR FIRST PURCHASE using your 10,000.00 CREDIT LIMIT. It also informs you that this limit can be increased, and that i don't have to ' worry ' about being denied acces to a VISA or MasterCard , because now, of course, i have THEM !!!  It is for a Platinum card MEMBERSHIP to be used to purchase products exclusively from UWCS . This is also in the fine print. I had to put on my glasses, and use my magnifying glass to read this small print. Everything else in the letter/offer/scam is in easy to read, mostly bold, print. i knew this was bogus, but i wanted to see if anybody else had received this, and what their experience with this so-called company was. Of course, it was just as i expected . Everyone needs to be warned about this, because i am so afraid there are those who ARE mailing them the 37.00, not understanding what it is about. So they are still scamming, after it seems, approx. 5 or more years. They would not be doing this if they were not making an inordinate amount of money continuing with this scam, even after being sued, taken to court and losing, and also being told to cease and desist from doing this. They need to be reported again , they MUST be stopped. I will share this with my family and friends, i don't think any of them would go for it to start with, but they may know somebody who has received this ' exclusive offer' and may be considering it. They are preying on people who are trying hard to improve their credit score, so will be most vulnerable to this type of scam , and that is despicable. I hope this letter , and all the others, saves all of the ppl with this letter from making this scum wealthy , while you would be losing any way you turn.. Let's hope and pray that they are stopped again, and this time for good .

Message 90 of 145
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.