Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest SCAM -- Union Workers Credit Union -- BEWARE

tag
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: Latest SCAM -- Union Workers Credit Union -- BEWARE

I just checked out their catalog:

http://www.unionworkerscreditservices.com/Union%20Workers%20Credit%20Services%20catalog.htm

Bwahahahahahaha!  What a joke!  Yes, I'd like a 10k CL so I can order a George forman grill.  What's that? They're ten bucks at walmart?  But that's so far away, and I might have to put on pants...

meh

Message 21 of 145
Anonymous
Not applicable

Like I stated,I thought I read  my letter, I looked for the mention of buying only from a catalog and did not see it. It must have been really fine print.

Message 22 of 145
p-
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Like I stated,I thought I read  my letter, I looked for the mention of buying only from a catalog and did not see it. It must have been really fine print.

They're obviously a scam, proba bly made no mention of it in the letter, just on the website.  Dirty bastids!

Message 23 of 145
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you noticed how many people say, "I OPENED AND ...SHREDDED"   NO! NO!  DON'T SHRED

SEND BACK INSTEAD!!!  THEY INCLUDE A  BUSINESS SIZE ENVELOPE, THAT THEY DON'T GET

CHARGED FOR UNLESS YOU USE IT!  SOOOO0000, I WROTE THEM A NOTE ON THEIR SHEET.

FIRST NOTING THERE WAS NO P H O N E  N O., TO ASK QUESTIONS.  AFTER LOOKING UP

ON THE COMPUTER, AND GOT OVER MY SHOCK, I WROTE THIS AT THE BOTTOM. "OH! JUST

LOOKED YOU UP! YOU ARE CROOKS!  PUT IT IN THE RETURN POSTAGE PAID ENVELOPE, AND

RETURN IT.  THEY WILL PAY POSTAGE ON EVERY LETTER RETURNED TO THEM.

AS A MATTER OF FACT, I DO THIS WITH ALL JUNK MAIL THAT COMES WITH A POSTAGE

PAID ENVELOPE, ENCLUDING A NOTE IF I SO CHOOSE!  HOPE YOU GET ON BOARD WITH

THE PROTEST!!!

Message 24 of 145
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just apped because I need a new TV...thanks! Smiley Happy

Message 25 of 145
Anonymous
Not applicable

My gf got a letter from them for 10k and i had to do some research on them ..when right to the garbage! They think it's easier to fool ppl now in days ....TECHNOLOGY PPL HELLO ...ILL GOOGLE YOU!!! (picture this and Uncle Sam looking at you!) lmao!
Message 26 of 145
p-
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Have you noticed how many people say, "I OPENED AND ...SHREDDED"   NO! NO!  DON'T SHRED

SEND BACK INSTEAD!!!  THEY INCLUDE A  BUSINESS SIZE ENVELOPE, THAT THEY DON'T GET

THE PROTEST!!!

bwahahahahahahahaha!

Message 27 of 145
p-
Valued Contributor

@p- wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

THE PROTEST!!!

bwahahahahahahahaha!

I just got my UWCU 10k offer today, I can't wait to mail back the empty envelope.

Message 28 of 145
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just received my offering from Union Workers credit Services.  When you read the fine print,( it is not too clearly stated) says it is for purchases with UWCS and is not affiliated with Visa or Mastercard .  We need better controls in this country because of companies like this.  Such  shame that people take advantage of other people  Sad really 

@Anonymous wrote:
Just thought I'd mention to those looking to rebuild their credit: If you get a promo deal for a $10K CL Platinum VISA card from a "bank" called Union Worker's Credit Union, don't even THINK about it.

I just got a "sweet" offer from them for a GUARANTEED $10K credit line (take a look at my siggie for my not-quite-so-recent scores and YOU decide if I'd be offered a $10K Platinum card from a reliable CCC) if I only send in my "processing fee" of $37. Needless to say, it went into the shredder (even though the only REAL info it had on me was my name and address).

Sooooo .... for anyone thinking that it might be a card on a par with First Premier or Credit One, don't even consider it. A quick Google search (and common sense, I'd imagine) unearthed oodles of complaints ranging from "I never got a card but they took my $37" 6 months AFTER the payment was sent in to "It's only good on purchases from THEM" ... as always buyer (debtor) beware.

Just a PSA. Smiley Happy

Of course, if anyone DOES have one of these cards and its legit, and would like to correct me, please do!!

Message 29 of 145
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got one in the mail today, was gonna through it away at first sight. Decided to check it out first just in case it was real. Glad I did a Google search for it rather than just go to the website they gave. THANK YOU!!!!! Saved me from a big mistake....

Message 30 of 145
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.