Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest SCAM -- Union Workers Credit Union -- BEWARE

tag
carlosjgg
Contributor

Re: Latest SCAM -- Union Workers Credit Union -- BEWARE

@Anonymous wrote:
I just got this "approval" in the mail today. First off I will never send money to someone saying they need it for a membership fee up front for a credit card.Thats just crazy. Second let me tell you how to deal with this letter. They have to pay the postage to have the return letter returned back to them. Well instead of signing it and sending money I am going to do what my Mama taught me to do with junk mail. First you take their return envelope, write a nice little ha ha letter if you want, take some other junk mail I got today and rip it up and put it all back in their envelope and send it back to them. They like sending junk mail lets see how they like receiving it back at their expense.LOL

good idea i will do that next time i receive junk mail.

Chase sp 5k c---------------------------Care credit 4500 cl
Chase mileageplus explorer 5k ---Citi diamond p 2k
Chase mileageplus club 15k ------ Discover it 1.5k
Amex ed 5k -----------------------------Lowe's 10k-----Dinersclub mc 5k
Amex gold npsl plus a 35k cl--------BestBuy 2.1k--Kay's 5k
Sam's mc 4.5k --------------------------Jared 6k
Message 131 of 145
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@carlosjgg wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I just got this "approval" in the mail today. First off I will never send money to someone saying they need it for a membership fee up front for a credit card.Thats just crazy. Second let me tell you how to deal with this letter. They have to pay the postage to have the return letter returned back to them. Well instead of signing it and sending money I am going to do what my Mama taught me to do with junk mail. First you take their return envelope, write a nice little ha ha letter if you want, take some other junk mail I got today and rip it up and put it all back in their envelope and send it back to them. They like sending junk mail lets see how they like receiving it back at their expense.LOL

Right, because the minimum wage person who receives the junk and tosses it out is the same person making the decisions to send the original junk mail?  And if not he/she informs that person that SteciMilelr42 must have been upset and we shouldn't send mail there any more?

Yes, Mama's advice may make you feel good, and it does perhaps slightly raise costs, but I doubt if it has any useful impact, except perhaps helping the USPS survive 

Message 132 of 145
Anonymous
Not applicable

okay so i have recieved aletter from the union workers credit servies .... and of course i had to do my research ... and uggh justupsr because at a time like this it is needed ... so my question is has anyone ever receieved a card from them and able to use it ?? i really would like to know 

Message 133 of 145
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

okay so i have recieved aletter from the union workers credit servies .... and of course i had to do my research ... and uggh justupsr because at a time like this it is needed ... so my question is has anyone ever receieved a card from them and able to use it ?? i really would like to know 

If you research it, even the few who receive the card, have nothing but complaints.

PLEASE do yourself a favor and look elsewhere to avoid looking back with regret.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 134 of 145
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@score_building wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If you research it, even the few who receive the card, have nothing but complaints.

PLEASE do yourself a favor and look elsewhere to avoid looking back with regret.

Right.  Not getting the card (and them keeping the fee) is certainly bad, but the key thing is that the card can only be used to buy things from them at whatever price they set.  So if you are in a crunch, a general use credit card with horrible rates may still look OK as a way to cope from day to day, but this is much less good than that.

Message 135 of 145
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are the same scam in 20I4... got letter today...glad I  Google every....

@Guardian wrote:
I have gotten a couple offers from them and I hate getting it because just looking at it, its useless and it just infuriates me. So I always shred but last time I wrote them and told them to stop sending me stuff or I WILL task our lawfirm to go after these bastards, they piss me off. Thanks for the heads up for everyone but yeah they are scammers and been at it for a while.

Message 136 of 145
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do i go about reporting them for fraud and get my money back

Message 137 of 145
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do i report them for fraud and get my money back

Message 138 of 145
Anonymous
Not applicable

@carlosjgg wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Love this, BTW.

Message 139 of 145
greylian
New Visitor

I like to send back the prepaid envelopes as well but i prefer to fill the envelope with as heavy as material as possible. I pack a ziplock with washers and nails and other metals and flatten it good and cram it into their envelope and reinforce the flap and edges with clear tape. If you also include their paperwork with your name and address on it you usually dont hear from them again.

Message 140 of 145
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.