Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laugh or Cry, checked the Mail, *UPDATE*

tag
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Laugh or Cry, checked the Mail, *UPDATE*

UPDATE:

The Email offer got the best of me and decided to call and had a nice chat  with a CSR, the offer is on my existing card (FNBO) for 8.99% APR on balance transfers to the card, okay that is kinda boring since I allready am using 1/2 of the card for BT, at 0% and it ends in July, Well since I had the CSR on the phone I asked if there were any CLI's availible on the card, I learned this tip from another post on this board, and was suprised to learn that I had a $2000 CLI availible, I accepted it.  Nice end of the day guess its time to laugh :-)  now where is that new Garden Post for June, I'm staying put for a couple weeks untill these new CL's begin to post. 

Got home after a week in the hotel and was greeted by 3x pre-selected/approvals.  First was a Discover IT card Invitation  12.99 – 15.99% upping last week’s 10.99 to 22.99% offer both had 14 months zero APR, I will eventually apply for the card, need a new 0% interest card in July.

Then the sad offers, First Savings Credit card, low 29.99% APR, and no worry of a penalty rate if I happen to be late and a low $75 AF and AU cards are just $20 each, of course they are willing to offer a teaser rate of $1500, but most people receive $350… ooh I’m drooling now.

The next offer was for a Car loan of $5500 or upto $39,000… at the low low APR of 19.99%... oooh I want to go car shopping now.

The next piece of mail as telling me that AMEX approved my CLI to $7500, oh I just sent in PIF for the card this week. Guess I could buy a car with in it, it has a APR of 15.24%... Last week I received my AMEX Hilton Surpass with a $5,500 limit.

These companies really need to change the criteria for who they choose to send the mailers too, all of the above documents fed the shredder except for the Discover IT invitation waiting for my AMEX cards to update so I get a better starting limit who knows Discover might make me a better APR deal by then, but it does make me resist AP-ing.

In my email box this morning from First National Omaha, need to call them can’t find any offers or places online to enter the codes, I currently have a card with them with $7500 CL and a 14.99% APR.  No idea which card its for they have all four horsemen (AMEX, VISA, MC, Discover) in their stable.

HOW MUCH COULD YOU SAVE with a low FIXED for LIFE rate?

By consolidating bills into a single payment, you can lower your interest payments and reduce the number of bills you pay.

That means more money in your pocket each month! Money you can use for home improvements, travel - whatever you want!

Collect your higher interest credit card and retail card bills and transfer those balances today to receive

8.99% APR* FIXED for LIFE
with
NO BALANCE TRANSFER FEE
with this offer

For balance transfers not made with this offer or after July 23, 2013, balance transfer fees of either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater, will be applied.

Week two in the Garden

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Laugh or Cry, checked the Mail,

Smiley LOLSmiley LOL

@jamesdwi wrote:

Got home after a week in the hotel and was greeted by 3x pre-selected/approvals.  First was a Discover IT card Invitation  12.99 – 15.99% upping last week’s 10.99 to 22.99% offer both had 14 months zero APR, I will eventually apply for the card, need a new 0% interest card in July.

Then the sad offers, First Savings Credit card, low 29.99% APR, and no worry of a penalty rate if I happen to be late and a low $75 AF and AU cards are just $20 each, of course they are willing to offer a teaser rate of $1500, but most people receive $350… ooh I’m drooling now.

The next offer was for a Car loan of $5500 or upto $39,000… at the low low APR of 19.99%... oooh I want to go car shopping now.

The next piece of mail as telling me that AMEX approved my CLI to $7500, oh I just sent in PIF for the card this week. Guess I could buy a car with in it, it has a APR of 15.24%... Last week I received my AMEX Hilton Surpass with a $5,500 limit.

These companies really need to change the criteria for who they choose to send the mailers too, all of the above documents fed the shredder except for the Discover IT invitation waiting for my AMEX cards to update so I get a better starting limit who knows Discover might make me a better APR deal by then, but it does make me resist AP-ing.

In my email box this morning from First National Omaha, need to call them can’t find any offers or places online to enter the codes, I currently have a card with them with $7500 CL and a 14.99% APR.  No idea which card its for they have all four horsemen (AMEX, VISA, MC, Discover) in their stable.

HOW MUCH COULD YOU SAVE with a low FIXED for LIFE rate?

By consolidating bills into a single payment, you can lower your interest payments and reduce the number of bills you pay.

That means more money in your pocket each month! Money you can use for home improvements, travel - whatever you want!

Collect your higher interest credit card and retail card bills and transfer those balances today to receive

8.99% APR* FIXED for LIFE
with
NO BALANCE TRANSFER FEE
with this offer

For balance transfers not made with this offer or after July 23, 2013, balance transfer fees of either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater, will be applied.

Week two in the Garden

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 3
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Laugh or Cry, checked the Mail,

Two words: Opt Out. Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.