Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laughable bonus spend offer - Ritz

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Laughable bonus spend offer - Ritz

Got an email with a pretty laughable spend bonus on the Ritz card.. Granted if one was to spend the money anyways on planned stuff then great, get the bonus otherwise quite possibly the worse spend bonus I have seen for spending $7500 in 2+ months...Don't forsee my holiday shopping all going on my ritz Smiley Happy.  Prefer to use a 2% card for non-cat spend.

Simply use your Ritz-Carlton Rewards® Credit Card from October 1 to December 31, 2016 to make $7,500 or more in purchases and we will credit your rewards account with 7,500 bonus points.1

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Laughable bonus spend offer - Ritz

I'd be more inclined to take that offer if they restocked my kegerator more than that pidly 7,500 points.

On that note I just went to the Chase website and it is down with a default page with phone numbers for customer service in various departments.  Something obviously went wrong because you do not do maintenace during monring hours were folks from west to east are up and at it.

Message 2 of 15
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Hmm website is working fine for me.  I am able to login, etc

I believe a Marriott/Ritz point is worth what .08 cents is that correct?  It is the 7500$ spend that makes it awful unless as stated already have 7500 in planned stays and hotel.which most people aren't going to have for 2+ months

Message 3 of 15
nachoslibres
Established Contributor

I bet they aren't targeting people who do calculations on their reward rates though.  I have plenty of friends who I've tried to educated on points/miles but they would rather have the convenience of having one card and doing all their purchases on it than having to keep up with several.  My friend that uses his Marriott card for everything would love this offer (assuming it was for Marriott - which I know it isn't).

I guess this would be good if you were able to do $7,500 of Ritz/Marriott spend or if you were 15,000 points shy of hitting one of the hotel and airfare packages.

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Funny I just started a thread asking if anyone ever receives non-signup bonuses on their CCs and this thread is a good example of that. 

If someone uses a certain card for everything already, targeting them with a bonus offer that doesn't exceed their current spend seems like a complete waste.  You're essentialy giving someone a discount for not doing anything outside of what they would normally do.  This would be like a store manager standing outside of any business handing out $5 off any purchase coupons to everyone walking in the store.  It would make far more business sense to get those $5 off any purchase coupons into the hands of people that weren't already planning on going in the store in an attempt to generate addtional spend dollars.

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe the projection for ritz to have a slower holiday time, and if they could increase a few people here and there to open up they will make their little goal on the charts during the board meeting. If they coupled that with a longer stay/ upgraded features that would get it rolling.
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the share CC.

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

$7,500 spend in 3 months is a lot!
Message 8 of 15
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

I met the requirements now I'm just waiting on the bonus to show up.   

IMG_1207.PNG

Message 9 of 15
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@saleen.. Nice did you have marriott/ritz stays or just had 7500 you needed to spend on something?  Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.