Did you mean: 

Laughing at Credit One

tag
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Laughing at Credit One

@CreditDunce wrote:

@Firehorse wrote:

The sound you just heard was Credit One's head bouncing against the curb.

Tried to offer me a lower APR at 18%, then tried to add 20% off the AF for six months. And then went into this LOOooooong spiel about how their card is helping me fix my credit and that I will have problems without them. Clearly they haven't looked at my CR lately. LOL! Smiley Happy

The only thing that makes me sad about closing it is that I had a picture of my little dog on it. Smiley Tongue

c1-cc-ginger.jpeg

I think you are ready for Cap1.  They let you customize your credit card picture, too.   They are certainly a step up from Credit1.   Or you can just skip them.  You already have Barclay/Amex.  Still if you still want your pupy dog on your credit card...

Cute dog!!!

I have mine on the American Kennel Club Visa.  It's my favorite card.

Message 21 of 27
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

@B335is wrote:

@CreditDunce wrote:

@Firehorse wrote:

Tried to offer me a lower APR at 18%, then tried to add 20% off the AF for six months. And then went into this LOOooooong spiel about how their card is helping me fix my credit and that I will have problems without them. Clearly they haven't looked at my CR lately. LOL! Smiley Happy

The only thing that makes me sad about closing it is that I had a picture of my little dog on it. Smiley Tongue

c1-cc-ginger.jpeg

I think you are ready for Cap1.  They let you customize your credit card picture, too.   They are certainly a step up from Credit1.   Or you can just skip them.  You already have Barclay/Amex.  Still if you still want your pupy dog on your credit card...

Cute dog!!!

Yep, that is why CCC's let you use your own pictures.  CC's with pictures of kids, grand kids or pets get used more.  Means more profits for the CCC's.

Message 22 of 27
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Jlu wrote:

I just tried the pre-approval thing on the CreditOne website - I was denied instantly. They pulled an EX score of 745, which was kind of a cool way to get a free score. I know I must be doing something right - haven't seen a CO or FirstPremier offer in my mailbox for a few months.

you can also get free credit reports from their denial i think. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 23 of 27
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditDunce wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@CreditDunce wrote:

@Firehorse wrote:

c1-cc-ginger.jpeg

Cute dog!!!

Yep, that is why CCC's let you use your own pictures.  CC's with pictures of kids, grand kids or pets get used more.  Means more profits for the CCC's.

Let me re-phrase that:  Favorite card to look at, I only swiped it two times Smiley LOL

Message 24 of 27
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Just got my denial for Credit One... Thanks CreditOne for my FICO score of 735.. Gonna go pull EQ now too =)

Message 25 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently was approved for their card after rebuilding but they send me and identity verify form and I was gonna do it but I read so many horror stories and determined that if I needed more credit I would get a secured card or just wait since I have 3 capital one cards.
Message 26 of 27
Ragelog
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I tried prequal with them on their site and am apparently blacklisted. (5yo C/O)

Smiley Happy

I had this experience earlier in the year as well. The only positive about messing things up in my past when I did was I didn't have any Prime lenders so no bad relationships with anyone that truly mattered in the credit world.

I still can't wait to find out what my Scores will be like once all my baddies are gone. I have gotten a EQ 04 as high as 688 and EQ08 as high as 672. This is with 1 collection, 3 charge off's, 1 paid tax lien, 1 paid judgement. I am guessing as long as no new negative items pop up a score well into the 700's I think should be mid to early 2017.

I can't wait.

EQ04 675, EQ08 676, EX08 719, TU08 703 $12704.75/$123050 Revolving Credit (All 0% or 1.99%) - In Garden Since 5/25/2016

Last negative item should fall off in July 2017.
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.