Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Learned my lesson the hard way about CC applications and inquiries

tag
kd081708
Regular Contributor

Learned my lesson the hard way about CC applications and inquiries

Obviously I didnt listen to the great adivce I received on here and kept applying for cards when I knew I wouldnt get them. I did have some success but I kept going even though I knew I should stop.....wells as a result I got an alert that my score had changed. I initially was excited because I assumed it went up but once I remembered all the damage I had done, I felt a lump in throat. It was bad...my score dropped almost 20 points! Inquiries and new accounts starting to report combined did it but the inquiries were the worst. I havent applied in 2 days which may not sound like much but has been really hard to NOT do.....heres to 6 months of gardening at least. :-(

Starting Score: EQ 450 EX 498 TU 470
Current Score:
EQ 574 EX 581 TU 572 Barclay 596 Merrick 612
Goal Score:
600 all by 06/30/2014

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Super Contributor

Re: Learned my lesson the hard way about CC applications and inquiries

I feel your pain...  lol!

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 2 of 5
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

It's hard especially when you're in the habit of applying. When you get out of it, it gets better week by week. Smiley Happy You'll be happy/proud of not apping as the weeks and months pass.

Smiley Happy

Best of luck and patience!
Message 3 of 5
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

To OP, I am in the same boat with you, but worse. My scores have dropped around 60-80 points each! Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 5
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Seeing that score drop is hopefully enough to keep people gardening for awhile. Honestly, my best advice to you and anyone struggling with this is to freeze your reports. We can always help you out in the garden thread also. A lot of us stay in there and just kinda BS to keep our mind off of the approval threads.

It gets easier, I promise.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.