Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving the garden due to life changes

tag
Charmlessman
Contributor

Leaving the garden due to life changes

Hi guys

Long time without posting so I will provide a few details about me.

So far I have 3 CL:

Cap1 Secured $751 limit - 13 months old

Chase Freedom $700 limit - 6 months old

AMEX PRGC NPSL - 6 months old

My FAKO is 715. I get this by CREDITINFORM program supplied by Cap1

This year my family is finally relocating to Houston so I need to lease an apartment and buy a car before June 15th. My plan was to garden my cards and then apply for an AMEX revolver, do the AMEX 61 CLI and then garden for 6 months and apply for the Chase SPC in order to be able to transfer points to airlines to use later this year.

In which order would you apply for new amex revolver, get the apartment lease (I understand owners will pull my credit score), shop around for car and car financing. 

Thanks in advance for the help

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

Re: Leaving the garden due to life changes

CAR > AMEX > APT

Message 2 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Since Amex is primarily EX puller, I would look for auto loans that pull TU/EQ.  Most CUs pull EQ/TU and depending on the make of car you might get lucky.

Message 3 of 8
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

I would do the auto loan first and wait on the credit card. I mean...you can get AMEX anytime unless you were trying to lock in the 2014 member date.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 4 of 8
Charmlessman
Contributor

Thanks, I will definetely check a couple of CU´s and I am looking to get a MAZDA. 

Does that mean I could do both without the hard pull affecting my chances to get the card and the car?

Message 5 of 8
Charmlessman
Contributor

I have a 2013 AMEX card so there is no rush, thanks for the info

Message 6 of 8
Charmlessman
Contributor

Would you explain why in this order? Thanks

Message 7 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Charmlessman wrote:

Thanks, I will definetely check a couple of CU´s and I am looking to get a MAZDA. 

Does that mean I could do both without the hard pull affecting my chances to get the card and the car?

If you know what bureau they will pull for your auto, then it's possible to spread them across the CRAs 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.