Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left garden -- approvals!!!

tag
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Left garden -- approvals!!!

Happy dance!!!

After two years of credit rebuilding, and 10 continuous months of gardening, my credit reports and scores were  finally where I wanted them to be. So, I bade farewell to the garden and went forth to app. And, I went four for four, with the following results:

Discover - $2000

BoA Cash Rewards for UCF Alumni Association - $5000

Citi Diamond Preferred - $6800

(ETA) Wells Fargo Rewards - $7000

(ETA) So basically, I got EVERYTHING that I've been wanting for the last couple of years!

I'm floored! I was hoping to get in with the above, but I'm thrilled at the starting CLs of the last two. I've gone from having subprime crud two years ago, to this!!!

Thanks to everyone on these forums for all of the advice, knowledge and emotional support. It's been tough rebuilding, but I've finally made it. My scores are respectable and I'm creditworthy once again. In all honesty, this forum has been a life changer. Thank you so much for helping me to get my credit on track!!! I'm a myFICO success story!!!!! Smiley Very Happy

And one other note to folks who are rebuilding their credit -- gardening works! I was flat out denied for BoA and Citi 10 months ago. Patience pays!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42
mokong
Regular Contributor

Re: Left garden -- approvals!!!

grats...

Message 2 of 43
A_Madel
Contributor

Smiley HappySmiley SurprisedSmiley Very Happy

Yeah! Congratulations!

Current: EQ 791 / TU 788 / EX 752 FICO's (MyFico, Oct 2012)

*** NFCU Plat | USAA CR Amex | PenFed TR Amex | BOA Gold | JP Morgan Select | Amex BCP | Amex PRG | USAA Plat ***
Message 3 of 43
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

CONGRATULATIONS!!  I am so very happy for you tinuviel!!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 43
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

That's great!! Congrats on the approvals! It feels great to finally know you can/will be approved when you app for something.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 5 of 43
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

Those are some beautiful seedlings that you just picked up!  So very happy for you!  Congratulations!!  Smiley Happy

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 6 of 43
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

Great news! Glad you got what you wanted.

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 7 of 43
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

Happy dance!!!

After two years of credit rebuilding, and 10 continuous months of gardening, my credit reports and scores were  finally where I wanted them to be. So, I bade farewell to the garden and went forth to app. And, I went three for three, with the following results:

Discover - $2000

BoA Cash Rewards for UCF Alumni Association - $5000

Citi Diamond Preferred - $6800

I'm floored! I was hoping to get in with the above, but I'm thrilled at the starting CLs of the last two. I've gone from having subprime crud two years ago, to this!!!

Thanks to everyone on these forums for all of the advice, knowledge and emotional support. It's been tough rebuilding, but I've finally made it. My scores are respectable and I'm creditworthy once again. In all honesty, this forum has been a life changer. Thank you so much for helping me to get my credit on track!!! I'm a myFICO success story!!!!! Smiley Very Happy

And one other note to folks who are rebuilding their credit -- gardening works! I was flat out denied for the last two cards 10 months ago. Patience pays!

Congrats...although...

Gators > Knights Smiley Very Happy

My message to you from Gainesville, the heart of gator nation Smiley Very Happy 

Message 8 of 43
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks, everyone, for your kind words. Once again, the support on this forum is wonderful.

I'm trying to decide on whether or not to finish up by apping for a Wells Fargo card. I bank with WF, but the rewards on the BoA card are much better, and they help support my alum association. I got the Citi because I wanted a prime MC in my wallet. And, the Discover has good returns on the bonus categories, plus it rounds out my collection; I have an Amex charge card already, so this gives me a prime card for each network. If I got the WF card, I could link it to my checking account for OD protection, although I already link to my savings for that. Still thinking about it...

At any rate... I'M SO HAPPY to be past the rebuilding phase, gone from subprimeland and into primeville! It feels absolutely wonderful to see a card that you want and get approved for it, instead of just settling for whatever is offered (Cap1, Orchard, FP, etc). Those days are finally behind me!

Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 9 of 43
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@jsucool76 wrote:

Congrats...although...

Gators > Knights Smiley Very Happy

My message to you from Gainesville, the heart of gator nation Smiley Very Happy 

Smiley Tongue

Go Knights!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.