Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left garden -- approvals!!!

tag
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Left garden -- approvals!!!

Ok, I went for it. I really wanted to round things out. I apped for the WF Rewards Visa, and got approved with a CL of $7000!!!! Smiley Surprised Smiley Very Happy

WOW!!!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 11 of 43
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

Ok, I went for it. I really wanted to round things out. I apped for the WF Rewards Visa, and got approved with a CL of $7000!!!! Smiley Surprised Smiley Very Happy

WOW!!!

Nice! 

How are the rewards on that card. I already have a card with them so in the future I'd like to get one of their non-student "better" cards. 

Message 12 of 43
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@jsucool76 wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

WOW!!!

Nice! 

How are the rewards on that card. I already have a card with them so in the future I'd like to get one of their non-student "better" cards. 

Well, it's a points based rewards system. They sent me a prequalified offer, and I was too chicken to try for the cash back card instead. I don't expect to give it heavy usage in any case, as I'll be getting better rewards with BoA. I just wanted to be able to link it to my checking for OD protection, so I'll just use it lightly to keep it active.

Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 13 of 43
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

WOW!!!

That's terrific!! You are really on a roll!! Congrats again!!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 43
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

WOW!!!

Nice! 

Well, it's a points based rewards system. They sent me a prequalified offer, and I was too chicken to try for the cash back card instead. I don't expect to give it heavy usage in any case, as I'll be getting better rewards with BoA. I just wanted to be able to link it to my checking for OD protection, so I'll just use it lightly to keep it active.

Little hint, at least for my checking account with them, you still get charged an OD fee even if you link your credit card. It is less expensive (I think $12.50 as opposed to $35) however they still do make you pay for it. It's a little ridiculous. 

Message 15 of 43
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@jsucool76 wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

WOW!!!

Nice! 

Little hint, at least for my checking account with them, you still get charged an OD fee even if you link your credit card. It is less expensive (I think $12.50 as opposed to $35) however they still do make you pay for it. It's a little ridiculous. 

It's the same fee as linking my savings to my checking. I haven't had to use it, as I've been doing a good job of maintaining my checkbook. But, it gives me peace of mind in case an "ooops" happens. I prefer to know that things are covered if a mistake happens.

Message 16 of 43
jsucool76
Super Contributor

They charge you to use your own savings account as OD protection? Damn, they're crazy...that is why I never use my WF account except to pay my WF CC bill. 

Message 17 of 43
severine
Contributor

Hooray, that is SUCH a great feeling!! All your hard work paid off!

Amex PR Gold NPSL | Amex BCP 16.5k| Amex Delta Gold Skymiles 14.9k | Amex BSP 5k | Discover 12.5k | Citi Diamond Preferred 11.9k | Chase Freedom 12k | Chase Sapphire Preferred 12k | US Bank Cash + Visa 13k | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Signature Visa 9.5k | M and T Bank Visa 10.9k | FICO TU 784 EQ 768 EX 784
Message 18 of 43
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats! Nice app spree!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 19 of 43
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

Awesome news, tinu!!!  Smiley Very Happy

Your dedication to gardening has really paid off - congrats to you on the great cards!  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 20 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.