Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left garden -- approvals!!!

tag
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: Left garden -- approvals!!!

Beautiful work and rewards!! Bravo!!! Job well done!!

Closed my Wachovia checking and savings before the take over, only experience with Wells is from hearing others on boards and a few other friends.

Just by way of comparison, if you are ever looking for a change, here is just one e.g.

USAA doesn't charge for OD from savings or linked USAA cc beyond the current APR on the card, no additional fee for online cash transfer from cc to checking either.

Like you, don't plan to use this feature but it is reassuring to know if things head south don't have to worry about extraneous bank fees and Wells apparently double dips, even when fronting your own cash from savings, wow! was introduced to USAA here and they have lived up to the glowing reviews I came across a few years ago at myfico.

They also refund up to $15 a month in foreign ATM charges-again don't use this feature much but it comes in handy for those few times. If WF works for you, that's great  just don't limit yourself in the future if looking for a change, it may be for the better. In any case, yours is an inspiring well deserved success story, super congrats!!

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 31 of 43
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

Happy dance!!!

After two years of credit rebuilding, and 10 continuous months of gardening, my credit reports and scores were  finally where I wanted them to be. So, I bade farewell to the garden and went forth to app. And, I went four for four, with the following results:

Discover - $2000

BoA Cash Rewards for UCF Alumni Association - $5000

Citi Diamond Preferred - $6800

(ETA) Wells Fargo Rewards - $7000

(ETA) So basically, I got EVERYTHING that I've been wanting for the last couple of years!

I'm floored! I was hoping to get in with the above, but I'm thrilled at the starting CLs of the last two. I've gone from having subprime crud two years ago, to this!!!

Thanks to everyone on these forums for all of the advice, knowledge and emotional support. It's been tough rebuilding, but I've finally made it. My scores are respectable and I'm creditworthy once again. In all honesty, this forum has been a life changer. Thank you so much for helping me to get my credit on track!!! I'm a myFICO success story!!!!! Smiley Very Happy

And one other note to folks who are rebuilding their credit -- gardening works! I was flat out denied for BoA and Citi 10 months ago. Patience pays!

CONGRATS!!!!!!

HAPPY DANCE!!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 32 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah! Good for you! Congratulations!!!! Smiley Happy

Message 33 of 43
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Congrats Tinu! You deserve this - simply great work in your rebuild!

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 34 of 43
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

Fantastic!!! Congratulations!!! I'm very happy for you!!  Reading your good news and hard work really helps me because I am in garden mode and it's been really difficult,  not becuase I'm itching to app, although I have had my moments, but mostly because after my app spree months back,  right now my scores are not where I would want them to be because of my new accounts and inquries that I have to wait to age/fall off, and the thought of will my scores ever recover...will I read "Congratulations, you've been approved" again when I come out the garden....so reading your success was right on time!!  Again, Congratulations!!!

Slowly building....
Message 35 of 43
Open123
Super Contributor

Congrats!

Some awesome approvals you've got there!  

Message 36 of 43
calihlove75
Established Contributor

Congrats on a well done application spree with good limits. I guess back to the garden you go ?

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 37 of 43
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@calihlove75 wrote:

Congrats on a well done application spree with good limits. I guess back to the garden you go ?

Thanks! I'm taking a few days to let thing sink in before recommitting, but it looks like I'll be heading back to the garden sooner than later. I can't really think of anything else that I'd like to add at this point, and I don't want to ding up my AAoA any further by getting cards that I don't really need. I have what I want, so I'm starting to feel a strong urge to go back into the garden and just sit back and let everything age.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 38 of 43
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

@calihlove75 wrote:

Thanks! I'm taking a few days to let thing sink in before recommitting, but it looks like I'll be heading back to the garden sooner than later. I can't really think of anything else that I'd like to add at this point, and I don't want to ding up my AAoA any further by getting cards that I don't really need. I have what I want, so I'm starting to feel a strong urge to go back into the garden and just sit back and let everything age.

Wow.  Sorry I'm so slow to respond, I've been awfully busy the last few days...

HUGE congrats, Tinu.  That's amazing.  Good for you!

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 39 of 43
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I agree tinu come on back into the garden with those prime seedlings!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 40 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.