Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left in sock drawer too long.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Left in sock drawer too long.

@LS2982 wrote:
The only one I worry about inactivity is CareCredit. I wonder if a vet will trim cats claws and I can use carecredit?

Absolutely! After I pay of the intro amount (dental work, fun), all I have are checkups... All covered by insurance... Maybe I need to break my arm or something to keep my util low!

But seriously, doesn anyone have experience with Care Credit closing due to inactivity?

Message 11 of 17
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

Care credit closed my card after one year  of not using it. I used it the year before to have my dog fixed.

Message 12 of 17
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@ShiningDown wrote:

Care credit closed my card after one year  of not using it. I used it the year before to have my dog fixed.

I'm trying to find ways to use mine. I like having this card available for emergencies.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 13 of 17
laz98
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:
The only one I worry about inactivity is CareCredit. I wonder if a vet will trim cats claws and I can use carecredit?

Absolutely! After I pay of the intro amount (dental work, fun), all I have are checkups... All covered by insurance... Maybe I need to break my arm or something to keep my util low!

But seriously, doesn anyone have experience with Care Credit closing due to inactivity?

They closed my card after only 5 months of inactivity.  Never even got to use it!  Oh well, my own fault.

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi closed my Sears MC (5k cl) and Home Depot (1k) without any notification. I happened to check online and couldn't login. I called and they told me it's due to inactivity. They should have sent letters or emails or something. I found that to be so inconsiderate. I don't think I would want to do deal with them again. If you carry a balance and pay regularly but not incur any new charges for a long time, would that be considered inactive?
Message 15 of 17
minimock
Frequent Contributor

Some of the people that run CC companies probably used to work for the Government.

Instead of closing people's accounts, they should give them some incentive to use them. Costs more to get a new customer then to keep an old one.

These are the same people that wont approve CC with perfect credit other then something thier ex wives did years ago.

Go figure lol

Message 16 of 17
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I found a vet that does cat claw trimmings and takes carecredit!! Sweet!! Now I got a monthly spend for the card!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.