Contributor
praise123

Left the Garden for Citi Card!

Ok, I am just kicking myself right now.  I couldn't sleep, so I was on the computer and my temptation got the best of me.  I thought that I would be denied which would have hurt my pride and get me in the garden for a long time.  But, I applied and got the message we need more information from you call us.  So, I called this morning and I was approved for the Citi Diamond Preferred for $3,000.  They pulled experian which is good because I dont have that many inquiries on experian report.  Not sure what this will mean for AAoA because I have credit on my report from mortgage and car payments dating back to 2000, but I dont know who to ask about the AAoA.  Also, Should I call for an increase this morning. I am currently at $5,000 highest limit, so I would like to receive the same amount.  Anyway, I am definitely gardening now because I will be applying for the ortgage in June 2013.  My last app spree was in June 2013 where I racked up (2) store and (1) CC.  

Established Contributor
gettnthere

Re: Left the Garden for Citi Card!

Congrats! That's a decent starting CL, do you know around about what your EXPERIAN credit score was?

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 :smileywink:
Established Contributor
UFGuy2006

praise123 wrote:

Ok, I am just kicking myself right now.  I couldn't sleep, so I was on the computer and my temptation got the best of me.  I thought that I would be denied which would have hurt my pride and get me in the garden for a long time.  But, I applied and got the message we need more information from you call us.  So, I called this morning and I was approved for the Citi Diamond Preferred for $3,000.  They pulled experian which is good because I dont have that many inquiries on experian report.  Not sure what this will mean for AAoA because I have credit on my report from mortgage and car payments dating back to 2000, but I dont know who to ask about the AAoA.  Also, Should I call for an increase this morning. I am currently at $5,000 highest limit, so I would like to receive the same amount.  Anyway, I am definitely gardening now because I will be applying for the ortgage in June 2013.  My last app spree was in June 2013 where I racked up (2) store and (1) CC.  

Congrats!!

FICO: EX: 743 (10/14); TU: 758 (9/14); EQ 721 (9/14)

In My Wallet: Amex X 5 | Barclays X 3 | BOA X 1 | CapOne X 3 | Chase X 3 | Citi X 7 | DCU X 1 | Discover X 1 | Fidelity X 1 | Fifth Third X 1 | Macys X 1 | PenFed X 1 | PSECU X 1 | Sams Club MC X 1 | Target RedCard X 1 | USAA X 2 | US Bank X 1 | Walmart X 1 | Wells Fargo X 1 = 36 Cards

Holding off apps until the end of the year! Wish me luck!
Established Contributor
CruzImperial

praise123 wrote:

The way that even makes sense is definitely out of my comprehension. :smileyhappy:

Anyways, congrats for the 3K and I hope you squeeze all you can get from them.

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Valued Contributor
trumpet-205

[ Edited ]

Citi does NOT do CLI upon activation. You need to use the card for 7 months before you can ask for CLI.

Are you doing BT on your Diamond Preferred card? It is a no reward CC.

In My Wallet:
Citi Forward (12/2010) | Citi Dividend (05/2011) | Chase Freedom (11/2011) | GECRB/PayPal (05/2012)
Discover it (07/2012) | AMEX BCP (09/2012) | TD/Target REDCard (10/2012) | Chase Ink Classic (11/2012)
BofA BBR (04/2013) | FNBO/Overstock.com (02/2014) | Barclaycard Arrival (04/2014) | FIA/Fidelity AMEX (04/2014)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}