Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left the Garden for Citi Card!

tag
praise123
Contributor

Left the Garden for Citi Card!

Ok, I am just kicking myself right now.  I couldn't sleep, so I was on the computer and my temptation got the best of me.  I thought that I would be denied which would have hurt my pride and get me in the garden for a long time.  But, I applied and got the message we need more information from you call us.  So, I called this morning and I was approved for the Citi Diamond Preferred for $3,000.  They pulled experian which is good because I dont have that many inquiries on experian report.  Not sure what this will mean for AAoA because I have credit on my report from mortgage and car payments dating back to 2000, but I dont know who to ask about the AAoA.  Also, Should I call for an increase this morning. I am currently at $5,000 highest limit, so I would like to receive the same amount.  Anyway, I am definitely gardening now because I will be applying for the ortgage in June 2013.  My last app spree was in June 2013 where I racked up (2) store and (1) CC.  

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gettnthere
Established Contributor

Re: Left the Garden for Citi Card!

Congrats! That's a decent starting CL, do you know around about what your EXPERIAN credit score was?

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 5
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@praise123 wrote:

Ok, I am just kicking myself right now.  I couldn't sleep, so I was on the computer and my temptation got the best of me.  I thought that I would be denied which would have hurt my pride and get me in the garden for a long time.  But, I applied and got the message we need more information from you call us.  So, I called this morning and I was approved for the Citi Diamond Preferred for $3,000.  They pulled experian which is good because I dont have that many inquiries on experian report.  Not sure what this will mean for AAoA because I have credit on my report from mortgage and car payments dating back to 2000, but I dont know who to ask about the AAoA.  Also, Should I call for an increase this morning. I am currently at $5,000 highest limit, so I would like to receive the same amount.  Anyway, I am definitely gardening now because I will be applying for the ortgage in June 2013.  My last app spree was in June 2013 where I racked up (2) store and (1) CC.  

Congrats!!

Message 3 of 5
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

@praise123 wrote:

The way that even makes sense is definitely out of my comprehension. Smiley Happy

Anyways, congrats for the 3K and I hope you squeeze all you can get from them.

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 4 of 5
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Citi does NOT do CLI upon activation. You need to use the card for 7 months before you can ask for CLI.

Are you doing BT on your Diamond Preferred card? It is a no reward CC.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.