cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left the Garden... for inebriated reasons....

tag
android01
Valued Contributor

Left the Garden... for inebriated reasons....

I applied and was approved for a Barlays Ring card with a $20,000 CL.  I have know idea why I applied for this card other than it seemed like a good idea at the time (after a few Vodka Tonics).  It adds nothing much to my current portfolio other than a low APR and the yet to be read benefits of "profit sharing" this card seems to offer. Sigh.  I have to stay away from these forums after having a few cocktails....Smiley Sad   

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Left the Garden... for inebriated reasons....

@android01 wrote:

I applied and was approved for a Barlays Ring card with a $20,000 CL.  I have know idea why I applied for this card other than it seemed like a good idea at the time (after a few Vodka Tonics).  It adds nothing much to my current portfolio other than a low APR and the yet to be read benefits of "profit sharing" this card seems to offer. Sigh.  I have to stay away from these forums after having a few cocktails....Smiley Sad   

Android goes down on the buzzed apps.....never would have thought!

After all that grillin' i've gotten from you! Smiley Tongue

CONGRATS on that nice CL tho!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 44
android01
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@android01 wrote:

Thanks, LS.  I really do need to practice what I preach, and i do feel guilty for my indiscretion.  BUT I'll take another 20K any day! Smiley Very Happy  My scores are high enough and history old enough that it won't make much difference score wise, but I still feel a certian amount of shame....Smiley Sad       

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 3 of 44
adavis425
Established Contributor

You hangin' out with Duncanrr? Smiley Tongue

Congrats!!

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 4 of 44
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Well congrats on that one! Awesome CL! Smiley Very Happy

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 5 of 44
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@android01 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@android01 wrote:

Thanks, LS.  I really do need to practice what I preach, and i do feel guilty for my indiscretion.  BUT I'll take another 20K any day! Smiley Very Happy  My scores are high enough and history old enough that it won't make much difference score wise, but I still feel a certian amount of shame....Smiley Sad       

No shame, you wanted the card and you've taken great care of your credit so you deserve it!!! Even if a cocktail make you do it!! Smiley Tongue

Hell i've got maybe 4 cards in my collection while I was hammered Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 44
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

LOL @ the cocktail made me do it. You managed to enter all your info correctly..but congrats anyway! Smiley Very HappyD

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 7 of 44
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

@adavis425 wrote:

Congrats!!

Hell ya Smiley Wink my evil influence is spreading!

grats. 

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 44
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:

@adavis425 wrote:

Congrats!!

Hell ya Smiley Wink my evil influence is spreading!

grats. 

Appbar >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Duncan. Any day. Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 44
android01
Valued Contributor

I guess I haven't been following as close as i should Smiley Very Happy... Is Duncarr Appbar? Or just fond of drunk apping? 

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 10 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.