Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left the Garden!

tag
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Left the Garden!

I was at Disney today enjoying the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot. While walking around the world showcase I saw a Chase stand. Now I have been wanting the Disney visa for a while, I apped in february of this year but was denied due to high util. (I was at 80%, now I am at 29%). My AAoA is over 6 years, oldest account over 10 years. No baddies. Only 2 inquiries in last year. Highest current limit is mid twenties with Citi.

I spoke to the nice lady who told me that they are giving a $100 Disney gift card for any approvals. (Cannot be combined with the online offer of $100 GC or statement credit). She also said that if approved, I can pick up my new card at Downtown Disney that same day! Wow, I gave in and applied. Those few tense seconds after submitting the app were horrible, knowing my history of denial for this card. She looked at her screen and said: "I am so sorry!"...  I was heartbroken. A few seconds later she said: "You are approved!" She had me going! We had a good chuckle and I was both in shock and relieved! She couldn't tell me my CL, but told me where to pick up my new card.

About an hour later I was at Downtown Disney's Guest Relations and picked up my card. SO happy to get approved AND get my new card the same day. I ripped open the envelope and saw my CL as $8000! Woohoo! I called in to activate it and asked the nice rep for a CL recon as I was hoping for $10k. (Hey, why not?) She transferred me to Customer Service who was unable to help me and then I was transferred to a Credit Analyst. They said they would HP me again, I said why not. I plan on gardening after this and Walmart. He put me on hold and came back ten seconds later telling me I was approved for the $10k!

I also went online to apply for the Walmart card only to find a preapproval offer of $700. It had all my info already filled in, I just had to put my phone number, DOB and Social. Then it gave me the 7-10 day message. Oh well.

So happy with my Disney approval, I am headed to the Garden again. Sorry for the long post!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

Re: Left the Garden!

Awesome approval, and congrats on the successful recon on the limit.

I just read in the garden thread of your approval, and came out looking for the approval thread... Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 2 of 23
beb86
Valued Contributor

Awesome news now back to the garden you go haha

Message 3 of 23
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

Congrats on that approval! We all know how nervous it is to hit that submit button and watch the app timer spin and spin.  Longest 15 secs or so of our lives while we get nauseous waiting.  You shoud have no problem getting that Walmart either.   Get back to the garden, lol

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 4 of 23
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

OMG talk about awesome news i love your story so happy for you CongratsSmiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 23
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

congrats. when i was in disney land they where doing a 100 dollar bonus for signing up. 
i was denied though =/ but it wasnt flat out denial he told me id know in 7-10 days

since ive learned about cc though idk if id want one. 

any perks to it besides being chase and or a "disney card" 

i live in new england so obv id have to come to florida or cali to use any 'disney related" perks. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 6 of 23
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

$2000 for another hard pulls on same day ??? hmmmmm....Congrat thou....

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 7 of 23
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Biggest reason I wanted this card was for the Disney benefits and the cool design! Smiley Happy I have been a passholder since the late 90's and do spend my share there. I love Disney.

nicholasyud- Hey, what can I say? When the adrenaline is flowing... haha. I thought it was worth it!

Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

wow that is awesome, you must of got a high CLI because Disney Land is a rip off and the prices they charge are highway robbery.  a 2 or 3 thousand dollar limit wont even pay for 3 nights at the hotel, I hope you atleast got a good APR because you are going to be paying that off for a long time.

Message 9 of 23
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Living here in the central florida area makes it easy to drive there and parking is included in the annual pass. Eat a good breakfast before heading there and we are back home for dinner. It's not too bad. Now if you have to add airfare, hotel, meals, rental cars. Yes it can be an expensive vacation!
APR for this card is 14.24%

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.