Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left the Garden!

tag
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Re: Left the Garden!

@Epcot wrote:
Living here in the central florida area makes it easy to drive there and parking is included in the annual pass. Eat a good breakfast before heading there and we are back home for dinner. It's not too bad. Now if you have to add airfare, hotel, meals, rental cars. Yes it can be an expensive vacation!
APR for this card is 14.24%

any specific perks with the card?(to disney)  im just curious. wont be applying anytime soon lol. 

what i mean is discounts? specical events? etc... 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 11 of 23
brother7
Established Contributor

Congrats Epcot!

BTW, I find it interesting that your goal score is lower than all 3 of your current scores Smiley Tongue

04/01/2020 - EX 849 (Credit Scorecard EX FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
02/20/2020 - TU 850 (Discover TU FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
03/24/2020 - EQ 884 (Citi EQ FICO® Bankcard Score 8, range 250-900)
GOAL - 800! - App free since 11/22/2017
Message 12 of 23
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!!! That is a really awesome starting CL! Way To go!!! Worth leaving the garden... as this card was one of your reasons for gardening in the first place!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 13 of 23
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@Epcot wrote:

I was at Disney today enjoying the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot. While walking around the world showcase I saw a Chase stand. Now I have been wanting the Disney visa for a while, I apped in february of this year but was denied due to high util. (I was at 80%, now I am at 29%). My AAoA is over 6 years, oldest account over 10 years. No baddies. Only 2 inquiries in last year. Highest current limit is mid twenties with Citi.

I spoke to the nice lady who told me that they are giving a $100 Disney gift card for any approvals. (Cannot be combined with the online offer of $100 GC or statement credit). She also said that if approved, I can pick up my new card at Downtown Disney that same day! Wow, I gave in and applied. Those few tense seconds after submitting the app were horrible, knowing my history of denial for this card. She looked at her screen and said: "I am so sorry!"...  I was heartbroken. A few seconds later she said: "You are approved!" She had me going! We had a good chuckle and I was both in shock and relieved! She couldn't tell me my CL, but told me where to pick up my new card.

About an hour later I was at Downtown Disney's Guest Relations and picked up my card. SO happy to get approved AND get my new card the same day. I ripped open the envelope and saw my CL as $8000! Woohoo! I called in to activate it and asked the nice rep for a CL recon as I was hoping for $10k. (Hey, why not?) She transferred me to Customer Service who was unable to help me and then I was transferred to a Credit Analyst. They said they would HP me again, I said why not. I plan on gardening after this and Walmart. He put me on hold and came back ten seconds later telling me I was approved for the $10k!

I also went online to apply for the Walmart card only to find a preapproval offer of $700. It had all my info already filled in, I just had to put my phone number, DOB and Social. Then it gave me the 7-10 day message. Oh well.

So happy with my Disney approval, I am headed to the Garden again. Sorry for the long post!

Congrats! I so want to app for a Chase card, but I must resist at all cost! LOL

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 14 of 23
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

With your username, I was wondering if you were near The Mouse. I am, too, but I resisted the urge to app for the Disney Chase at DTD last week.  The force is strong with that one...Smiley Wink  Nice CL, enjoy racking up the points!  Oh, and for anyone going to the Food & Wine next year, just buy a gift card rather than use a CC at each stand or you might just trigger a fraud alert on your account.  Just sayin'

Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

Message 15 of 23
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 16 of 23
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

10k CL with chase is indeed a beast approval. Call Wal-Mart.

Congrats.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 17 of 23
Epcot
Valued Contributor

@webhopper wrote:
Congrats!!! That is a really awesome starting CL! Way To go!!! Worth leaving the garden... as this card was one of your reasons for gardening in the first place!

Thanks so much! I had been a lurker for years here, boy am I glad I joined. I am so grateful for all the support and help this forum offers! I am definitely back in the Garden. Smiley LOL

Update- I called in to Walmart and got transferred to someone who answered: "JCPenney credit... err.. I mean Walmart Credit services". After we chuckled about that she asked me three identity questions and approved me for the exact amount that showed on the pre-approval screen. $700. She said it was the store card.

I got the two cards I wanted. The Disney Visa I have wanted for years, the Walmart card I really only started thinking about once I joined here, mainly for the TU score. (And black friday, hope I get it by then). I have no reason to app anymore. I am going to tend the garden for the foreseeable future! Thanks everyone!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 18 of 23
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

CONGRATULATIONS!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 19 of 23
wreith
Frequent Contributor

@creditnocash wrote:

@Epcot wrote:
Living here in the central florida area makes it easy to drive there and parking is included in the annual pass. Eat a good breakfast before heading there and we are back home for dinner. It's not too bad. Now if you have to add airfare, hotel, meals, rental cars. Yes it can be an expensive vacation!
APR for this card is 14.24%

any specific perks with the card?(to disney)  im just curious. wont be applying anytime soon lol. 

what i mean is discounts? specical events? etc... 

https://www.chase.com/online/Credit-Cards/disney.htm

here you can find out what perks come with the card

01/06/2015 Walmart TU 726
01/06/2015MyFico EQ 705
01/10/2014 USAA FAKO EX 728, EQ 728, TU 728
Discover It $1700, USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $11K, USAA Rewards Platinum MC $12K, CareCredit $13.2K, Chase Freedom $5000, Walmart $4500, Lowes $9800, QVC $1200, HSN $2350, Macys Red Star Store $2900, Paypal smart connect $4022, VS Angelcard $1200, Amazon Store $2500, BCE $4K, Sam's Club Discover $8500, Home Depot $7200, FNBO AMEX $7800
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.