cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left the garden as well, but for the NFL!

tag
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Left the garden as well, but for the NFL!

Not long ago I joined the garden thread, partly because reading it helped me get over MISSING the Barclays NFL $400 offer while mulling it over. 

I picked up my silver spade thinking it wasn't long before I'd be upgrading to the Gold...  Since I was looking at TE most likely as my next card unless something came along that was too good to pass up. ...    Well, it did, a second time around no less. 

I spotted the info about the Barclays NFL $400 coming up again and checked into it rather well, mulled it over for a day and decided "why not, I don't have that many INQs to worry about really" and applied.  Denied on screen, called and after a brief conversation was approved for 5k (on what I thought was a Signature but turns out it's actually a MC World flexible spend).

TU Score (as reported by them on the invalid denial letter) was 698

No "baddies" of any kind (spotless history).

4 INQs on TU in the last 2 years (2 in last year)  It seems the Barclays HP hit me twice bringing the number up to 6, not sure why.

High UTIL  about 70% (a lot of 0% as I told the rep as well as some that just fluctuates).

About 18 accounts, I think 3 of which are "store" not CC accts.

About 4.6 AAoA,

Oldest account about 23 years.

I checked the T&C and the 40,000 points is on my account page under that for "first purchase bonus"  and $1000 spend in 90 days.   So I feel the bonus was definitely worth the HP and new account (it only brings my AAoA down by about 3 months).

I don't know the interest rate yet but I'm sure it's on the higher end due to my reported UTIL.

As for which team (I Know it will be asked LOL),  it's the only NFL team that's community-owned and non-profit. It was also said to be the best to try for Smiley LOL

More important than team, is $400 and it's my first "World MasterCard" and I'm not sure yet how that really compares to VISA Signature, though I do know it reports a limit on CKs TU and EX  but not yet so far showing on FICO...

And now I'm back in the garden watching others while working on my Gold Spade, who know, maybe platinum at this point, but with a new Barclays, I'm sure at least Gold Smiley LOL

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Re: Left the garden as well, but for the NFL!

Congrats on the approval! Especially with that util. See you in the Garden. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 2 of 11
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 3 of 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

You would have had a higher limit if you had opted for the Redskins CC (if offered). It would have looked better in your wallet too.

Message 4 of 11
Jutz
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

@llecs wrote:

You would have had a higher limit if you had opted for the Redskins CC (if offered). It would have looked better in your wallet too.

I heard if you get the Redskins card your $400 credit goes to Dan Snyder to help pay for all the terrible contracts.

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 5 of 11
mxp114
Valued Contributor

@RyVision wrote:

More important than team, is $400 and it's my first "World MasterCard" and I'm not sure yet how that really compares to VISA Signature, though I do know it reports a limit on CKs TU and EX  but not yet so far showing on FICO...

You probably got the Packers Platinum MasterCard, the World is $5k+. Congrats on the approval!

Message 6 of 11
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

@RyVision wrote:

You probably got the Packers Platinum MasterCard, the World is $5k+. Congrats on the approval!

Not sure other than the picture of the card on the account page says "WORLD" on the card image and on the reports they list it as a "Flexible Spending Account", and yes it is a GBP  Smiley Very Happy

Actually, looking around the site, not paying much attention as I was in between projects, I clicked on something that took me to a description of the perks of MasterCards World Card, the other options I could look at on that page were "standard, gold, platinum and elite"...    Eh, doesn't really matter, 5k is 5k and $400 is $400 Smiley LOL

Maybe I'll find out for sure when it finally arrives Smiley Very Happy

Thanks for the all the congrats too everyone Smiley Happy

Here's a copy of the image that I guess is for my card btw:

BARCLAYS CARD PICTUREcrop.jpg

LOL so I get another Kermit (I like green anyway so I guess it works out LOL).

[EDIT]: Obviously that is not my card info but just a representation of the type of card account I have.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 7 of 11
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Congrats and hope it is World, but I think they require $5k. Can you pm me the benefits of the Elite version? I've been thinking of getting the NYG card for the various offers.Is there a web site that lists all of the rewards? I saw a sampling on the app info site but curious about more NFL offers. Thanks.

Message 8 of 11
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

Congrats on your approval!

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 9 of 11
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

Congrats and hope it is World, but I think they require $5k. Can you pm me the benefits of the Elite version? I've been thinking of getting the NYG card for the various offers.Is there a web site that lists all of the rewards? I saw a sampling on the app info site but curious about more NFL offers. Thanks.

I don't know if this was the same thing you say you saw or gives you more info, I hope this gives you more info on the Elite.  It's where the info for "World" took me somehow.   http://www.mastercard.us/credit-card-world-elite.html

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.